• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Readies Two More FX Series Processors

AvonX

I looked a bunch of places and can't find anything to support that these are B3 revision silicon?? Please provide a link that supports this assumption.

These new chips have all of the signs of AMD binning and/or harvesting the B2 stepping for more model #'s (increased clocks with increased TDP, differing amounts of cache, etc..)

Earlier reports on the FX-6200 and FX-4170 suggested the same but they are in fact B2 stepping chips (part# on my FX-6200 and cpuz confirm this)

Until then I await actual release dates, part #'s, and reviews

I see nothing else constructive in this thread- unsubscribed....

I wont bet on it,but i think there wont be any other revisions.
These are just chips are from better yields from glofo.
They are focusing on vishera piledriver.

AvonX

But if you ask me,i think they are planing to leave from the high end segment.
But they are not saying this directly.
It all comes down after the end of the year.

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Norton, I'm reading conflicting information, most websites are saying B2 and others are saying B3. Wiki says B3 with two backsources references.

But if you ask me,i think they are planing to leave from the high end segment.
But they are not saying this directly.
It all comes down after the end of the year.

Maybe, you could be right. But I've seen little evidence that they are leaving the high end segment. Although they are focusing on low end segment more it doesn't mean they're abandoning high end completely.

AvonX

Norton, I'm reading conflicting information, most websites are saying B2 and others are saying B3. Wiki says B3 with two backsources references.

Maybe, you could be right. But I've seen little evidence that they are leaving the high end segment. Although they are focusing on low end segment more it doesn't mean they're abandoning high end completely.

Good News Here: http://www.techpowerup.com/162815/GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Dresden-Fab-Ships-250-000th-32-nm-HKMG-Wafer.html