• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Reshapes Automotive Industry with Advanced AI Engines and Elevated In-Vehicle Experiences at CES 2024

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Today, AMD announced it will showcase automotive innovation at CES 2024 and expand its portfolio with the introduction of two new devices, the Versal AI Edge XA adaptive SoC and Ryzen Embedded V2000A Series processor. The devices underscore AMD automotive technology leadership and are designed to serve key automotive focus segments including infotainment, advanced driver safety and autonomous driving. Working alongside a growing automotive partner ecosystem, AMD will demonstrate at CES 2024 the broad range of capabilities and applications for these new devices in automotive solutions available today and in the future.

Versal AI Edge XA adaptive SoCs add an advanced AI Engine, enabling the devices to be further optimized for numerous next-generation advanced automotive systems and applications including: forward cameras, in-cabin monitoring, LiDAR, 4D radar, surround-view, automated parking and autonomous driving. Versal AI Edge XA adaptive SoCs are also the first AMD 7 nm device to be auto-qualified, bringing hardened IP and added security to automotive applications where safety is paramount.

Ryzen Embedded V2000A Series processors power the next-generation automotive digital cockpit, from the infotainment console to the digital cluster and passenger displays. The expansion of the AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000A Series brings the first x86 auto-qualified processor family to offer the same PC-like experience consumers have come to expect from home entertainment which they can now enjoy in-vehicle, on the go.

"Our expanding and highly diversified AMD automotive portfolio presents a significant opportunity to serve this high-growth market while also underscoring the tremendous synergy of our combined automotive teams since the acquisition of Xilinx almost two years ago," said Salil Raje, senior vice president and general manager, Adaptive and Embedded Computing Group, AMD. "As we look ahead to 2024's Consumer Electronics Show, we are excited to showcase our achievements working in collaboration with our ecosystem partners that will advance the future of the automotive industry."

Elevating AI Engines with Versal AI Edge XA
Versal AI Edge XA adaptive SoCs, equipped with AI Engines offer many benefits for AI compute, vision and signal processing. Versal AI Edge XA adaptive SoCs can perform AI inference on large ingests of data, and can also be used in edge sensors, such as LiDARs, radars and cameras, or in a centralized domain controller. The AI Engines are capable of handling different types of AI models such as classification and feature tracking. This device portfolio ranges from 20k LUTs to 521k LUTs, and from 5 TOPs to 171 TOPs. Scalable across this product portfolio, designers can easily port their designs with the same tools, ecosystem and safety certifications.
Versal AI Edge XA adaptive SoCs can accelerate high-performing AI compute applications, while providing safety and security features and advance automotive designs. The first devices will be released early 2024, with further releases planned later in the year.

"In the future, automakers will leverage autonomous vehicle applications to shape their brand identities. With these applications relying heavily on artificial intelligence, automakers need compute platforms that deliver powerful and efficient AI compute," said James Hodgson, research director at ABI Research. "The number of highly automated vehicles shipping each year is set to grow at a CAGR of 41% between 2024 and 2030, signaling a healthy growth opportunity for suppliers of heterogenous SoCs with powerful and efficient AI compute, including the AMD Versal AI Edge XA."

Enhancing Consumers' In-vehicle Experiences with AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000A
Advances in consumer electronics have raised expectations for in-vehicle experiences (IVX). Entertainment, connectivity, workplace on wheels and safety are becoming important factors that influence consumer decisions, which is what led AMD to launch the new AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000A Series processor. This auto-grade device enables carmakers to deliver impressive performance and multitasking for infotainment and IVX systems so passengers can stay connected on the go.

Built on innovative 7 nm process technology, 'Zen 2' cores and high-performance AMD Radeon Vega 7 graphics, the AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000A Series processor provides a new class of performance. It delivers high-definition graphics, with enhanced security features and automotive software enablement through hypervisors in addition to support for Automotive Grade Linux and Android Automotive.

"Since introducing the ECARX Makalu digital cockpit using AMD Ryzen Embedded processors, they have proven to be key for powering the ECARX automotive solutions that require advanced compute power with visual graphic rendering capabilities," said Peter Cirino, Chief Operating Officer, ECARX. "With the Ryzen Embedded V2000A Series processor, ECARX looks forward to expanding the capabilities of our next-generation digital cockpit solutions for software-defined vehicles in 2024 and beyond."

AMD Advancing Automotive at CES
AMD will be showcasing its broad range of automotive solutions in conjunction with ecosystem partners. Demonstrations include: In-Vehicle Experience, AI Optimized Real-time Multi-sensor Object Detection, Automated Parking, Display Expansion, LiDAR, 3D Surround View, Driver Monitoring, and more. Participating automotive ecosystem partners include: BlackBerry, Cognata, ECARX, Hesai, Luxoft, QNX, QT, Robosense, SEYOND, Tanway, Visteon and XYLON.
Visit the AMD booth at LVCC West Hall #W319 at CES 2024 to learn more about AMD automotive solutions and speak with AMD experts.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
All we need more AI, int it bad enough with real people with supposed intelligence.

Fcuk that. Why do I need to be connected when I'm driving. No wonder driving skills are in the toilet when cars have just become mobile living rooms full of distractions and frivolous BS tech for tech's sake. Give me good brakes, suspension, steering, seats and performance and a few things like a/c, power windows, gps and music. I don't need stinking AI BS.

I'd really rather buy a car without an expensive computer inside of it.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I am still of the opinion that the greatest aspect of AI should be focused on Strategy Games.

Guys, self driving cars cannot rely on simple X86/X64 chips. You need a learning based chip that can quickly do it without hammering on the CPU itself.

Same as Tesla, Nvidia automotive chips and such. AMD is joining the boat.

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
This is one way to put AMD ....... Drivers.... to the test.....

I'll see myself out. :pimp:

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Yeah my next car/ truck might be a restoration instead of new crapAIcar...
Life is to short to mess with this stuff coming out plus it would be a hell of a lot cheaper in the short and long run.

Hi,
Yeah my next car/ truck might be a restoration instead of new crapAIcar...
Life is to short to mess with this stuff coming out plus it would be a hell of a lot cheaper in the short and long run.
Exactly. I've worked on cars. I worked on Motorcycles. I refuse to buy so much electronic crap that will not only drive up the price of the car, it will drive up the cost of repairing the car. I feel that those corporations just want to make everything proprietary and make the vehicle unable/difficult to repair.

I have decided to keep and rebuild both of my cars. My Nissan has low mileage. I'll have it painted and refreshed this year.

My Santa Fe will get the same thing. And the reasons are also because my Auto Insurance will be a whole lot lower than buying a new car.

few things like a/c, power windows, gps and music.
You should have emphasized that all of these things listed must be analog without any digital technology in them. Like the good old GPS in the form of a paper map that you unfold. Also, finally start watching all the road signs again, some of which are signposts where they lead and how many kilometers to the next town. Before intersections, there are usually signs where the cross roads lead as well.

System Name I don't name my rig
Processor 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z690 D4
Cooling Air/water/DryIce
Memory Corsair 3600mhz something die cl18 at 4000mhz
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT
Storage 980 Pro
Display(s) Some LED 1080P TV
Case Open bench
Audio Device(s) Some Old Sherwood stereo and old cabinet speakers
Power Supply Antec 850w Continous Power Series (since 2009)
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Max Freq 13700K 6.7ghz DryIce. Max all time Freq FX-8300 7685mhz LN2
Won't matter. What ever cars they put this in will be LS swapped anyways. AI pfft. Gimme low end torque instead.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
This is one way to put AMD ....... Drivers.... to the test.....

I'll see myself out. :pimp:
The difference here... AMD's trademark Grey Screen of Death means you've gone over a cliff.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Guys, self driving cars cannot rely on simple X86/X64 chips. You need a learning based chip that can quickly do it without hammering on the CPU itself.

Same as Tesla, Nvidia automotive chips and such. AMD is joining the boat.

Or, just here me out, or they just simply provide an internet connection that offloads that stuff to a server/ai cluster where they have a legitimate reason to charge a monthly subscription instead of something like access to the car's heated seats.