1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

an8 sli mobo prob. bios??

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by CUSACKOTG, May 31, 2007.

1. CUSACKOTG New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there,

i have the ABIT an8 sli. MOBO. and am having problems with start up. Turn my machine on, boots to the MOBO post screen then just sits there. Doesn't want to load into Windows and won't even go into BIOS if i hit delete...

The error appearing on my MOBO (MY mobo has a diagnostic POST code definition number sequence on the board that lights up telling the user whats wrong/ right....)

The error says '07' and the explanation says 1. Blank Out screen and 2. Clear CMOS error (in the MOBO manual that is)

Obviously tried resetting the CMOS with jumber and battery- no luck- tried one bios upgrade/ flash and had no luck...

Thanks in advance for any help

System specs. Are as follows:

AMD 64 Bit 3000 Cpu
    37 Gb Raptor (10000 rpm)
    1gb Geil Ram (3200’s- DDR) –2x 512’S
    ATI Radeon x800 PCI/E card (256mb)
    Mobo: ABIT anl8 SLI guru

2. Judas

Judas

Thanks Received:
    How about trying with one stick of ram?

3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Did you OC any at all as well? Too bad you cant get back into your bios to set all your settings to default. When I first installed my Abit AT8 32x Crossfire mobo, the thing wouldnt boot past a certain point and I couldnt get Windows to install.

The problem I had is I have a card reader and I had my microSD to SD converter card in. Took it out and it booted up and posted no problems. I usually find its something simple I have overlooked

4. FOXCONN1115 New Member

Thanks Received:
    are you using a ps2 or usb keyboard? bios' don't support usb keyboards by default, try using a ps2 adapter and holding the insert key on you keyboard while powering on, usually that'll set the settings to default long enough for you to get into the bios..

5. CUSACKOTG New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks guys- i just bought a cheapie mobo. for the time being but i am going to try the insert key advice- as for the RAM i have tried that with no success

cheers

6. mortal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you tried to disconect hdd and optical drive's.