1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    He must have raged, for some reason its called endless eight, eight endless episodes...

2. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    :roll::roll::roll:

3. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I was expecting an end that would justify the 8 endless EPs, but :/

4. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    NAGAREBOSHI!!
    [​IMG]

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    for those who dont know, blood-c is out and it seems to be related to blood+ somehow.

6. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    No not at all, entirely different cast and story as well different creator CLAMP...

7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    not in the same 'universe' as with many spin offs?

8. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Just a new story with a character bearing the same name as the other previous works, another spinoff...
    But we will see how close it gets to the others...

Mussels says thanks.
  9. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    It's been over 3 months since I watched any anime. I started my catch-up with gintama. My body wasn't ready. Yes.

10. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    just finished watching ika musume.
    is there any second season for it?

11. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just started, I don't think JCStaff has planned another Ika Musume yet.

12. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    How did these come out Storm? may have missed you noting it, but wanted to ask...

13. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    HOTD is boobs on heels, matrix sfx and there's zombies too...
    Now occult academy??
    Prepare for a crazy ride and for the twists, very unique style...

Just watched divergence eve, 2 seasons, it was boobs on heels with the most horrible cgs ever, still it wasnt an utter waste of my time, but close...

Watched fireball in like 20minutes, the entire 13 episodes, its a fun quick watch, good thing i watched fireball charming some time ago, not that it really matters...

And now i will be watching girls bravo, more boobs on heels and fan service every 5 minutes, a bit of a waste of time, but i always wanted to watch it and its not like i have better things to watch in the intervals of the weekly anime, or maybe i have but i want to watch it first...

14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I think he said it the best way possible. I didn't care to much for HOTD due to the boobs and heel stuff..

I really liked Occult Academy.. But, I need to find where I was.... I think I was at episode 9...

Ahhzz says thanks.
  15. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    They thrown some really good twists in there i assure you...

16. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I'll go digging for the Academy :toast:

17. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
  18. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Hello

Can i join your clubhouse please?

I can't remember how i started to like anime, so i can't really answer that one, kind of like how i don't remember how i got to TPU in the first place, but many months later ........ if it matters i think it involved the death note movies (the ones with real people and those nvidia 4 series lookalike special effects in them)

If you'd of asked me a few weeks ago, i would of said death note and guyver were my favorite anime, however last weekend i watched some BLU-Rayss i had bought from play.com, and i have to say ' The girl who leapt through time' is now my all time favorite movie, it just has such amazing artwork, and the plot and (voice acting?) are the best i've ever seen in any TV-show/movie, my second favourite is somethign i also watched last weekend, summer wars, which is also a great movie (i would reccomend it to anyone i know)

as such, does anyone know
    A) Anything similar to the above movies
    b)Where i can buy the soundtrack to 'The girl who leapt through time'

19. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Try Code Geass, its shares some similarities with Death Note.

cheesy999 says thanks.
  20. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Movies, movies, and more movies...

Summer wars, Welcome to space show, bungaku shoujo or literature girls, Beyond the clouds, the promised place; 5cm per second, eve no jikan or time of eve (high recommendation), Miyori no mori, King of Thorn, first squad, Jin roh, The sky Crawlers (amazing animation and fantastic air fights with futuristic retro planes), and i could go on forever...
    And then There's Miyasaki and ghiblies movies that are better than anything disney or pixar can dream of: Classics Laputa castle in the sky, Nausica of the valley of the wind, Pompoko, Porco Rosso, Only yesterday, whisper of the heart, my neighbor totoro, neko no ongaeshi or the cat returns (this is actually related to whisper of the heart...), the grave of fireflies one of the best dramas ever made with a very touching story...
    Modern classics: Mononoke hime, spirited away, Howl`s Moving Castle, Ponyo, and finally the borrowers Arriety, the most recent movie...

This should keep you busy for a while...
    If you are looking for anime series refer to the first page of the club, there should be a link to a guide i wrote...

Edit: If you really really want to get the cd, you can import directly from amazon.jp http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-l...80K/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP, it will cost you around 30$ plus shipping, i tried to look into other places but couldn't find, you alternative is downloading from somewhere...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    cheesy999 says thanks.
  21. KieX

Thanks Received:
    This ^^

Also, if you feel like watching a series, I'd recommend watching Monster. It's darker than Death Note, but is also quite a masterpiece.

cheesy999 says thanks.
  22. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    To add to the movies djisas mentioned these are also good.
    Kara no Kyoukai, Evangelion, Paprika, Tekkon Kinkreet, Memories, Steamboy, Perfect Blue, Akira and Sword of the Stranger.

cheesy999 says thanks.
  23. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    There's those too, and Katanagatari 12 full movies and Ghost in the shell, no anime fan can go without watching them, it would be blasphemy...

There are other fan favorites like Macross F or magical girl nanoha (it sounds childish but i assure its really good...), both will have sequels soon, and both dont require watching the anime...
    Before i forget Escaflowne the movie, great one too...

But i thinks the list is getting to big...

cheesy999 says thanks.
  24. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    £23 with shipping included (have you tried sourcing Anime in england, half the things you list are unavailble or very very expensive, i pick up what i can form play and zavvi etc but...in the end i just have to go without or watch it from the links on your front page

i think i might just wait and see if it pops up somewhere you never know, even the soundtracks to English movies are generally hard to come by

i've been thinking of this --> http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/-/2...llector-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=genre

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  25. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    You might want to pick up the newer stuff, they have not been licensed in UK yet hence its OK to download them ("note that I said OK, not legal"). That should give you a good idea of what to watch and what to avoid. Do support the studios and buy their DVDs when they eventually come out though.

Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist are also good for "less mature" otakus, along with Nodame Cantabile (the art is not exactly the best). I just finished Ika Musume, if you like childish anime its worth watching.

My experience is to avoid Madoka until you are actually a bit more steeped into otaku culture, I find that alot of part time otakus don't really like them.

cheesy999 says thanks.