1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I just need to watch Bleach 331... :roll:

2. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Finished Mobile Suit Gundam. 'Twas quite good but shows its age. Now onto Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam.

3. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I believe Macross might prove to be a better overall mecha anime, that only my opinion as a Macross fan and someone that doesnt like gundamn...
    Specially Macross Zero because of awesome production values and for being the genesis in the story...

4. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Most my friends said Macross is better than Gundam.

5. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    Djisas, I recommend you drop this subject before you stir up the hornets nest...

EDIT: I was too late...

6. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I didn't say.. my friends said :laugh:.

7. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Gundamn is like naruto or bleach, it cant end and there will always be gundamn, forever...
    Macross, there is only one every few years, and when it comes out, it is always a series to remember, and instant classic...

Im just trying to knock some sense here into the gundamntards...

8. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Oh DJ... :laugh:

Yes, I may like Gundam over Macross. But, it doesn't mean I don't like Macross at all. I love the series. It's Mech... But, it's like sports..

What's the first baseball team you watched? I can say that the first team you watch, the first team you see "passion" from, is probably going to be your favorite team. Gundam was my first... So, I have the love of that over Macross..

9. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I love to kick a hornet's nest when i see one...
    I still cant get how overpowered gundams look traveling at speed light or shotting lasers from them arse and bust a planet or something, or how they look just like toys...
    Take an evangelion for ex, they inspire awe and fear, watching an eva go berserk is madness, watching Asuka fighting and hoard of "vultures"...
    Or macross for example, i love their focus on music and excellent characters, the technology is far from that of gundam probably and since they aren't fighting other mechas or the way they look less surreal, well watching the Macross engaging battle is quite a sight actually, but its interesting watching the colony morph...
    I once tried to watch some Gundam but i dropped after like 2 episodes a long while ago, even before Macross, had just watched a Macross movie then, a very old one...

10. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    I know Robotech Incorporates 3 different series, including SDF-1 Macross but IMHO they should of Continued the Story Behind SDF-1 and then released the other 2 series in conjunction of the story line of the SDF-1 Crew (Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayes, Max and Miria Sterling) then Had the story line of the Masters then New Generation

aka Have SDF-1 Playing then Have The Masters Playing besides SDF-1

11. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I get what ur going at. Yeah, eva shows the destruction that it can come. Gundam is just there to grow mass profits from the masses. where as macross is a jewel. I remember my childhood thinking about robots like gundam. way before i ever saw the first one.

12. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Tranformers might have had an influence no??
    I remenber tranformers being my first mech anime and i might have watched some of voltron too...
    Bu there have been others like cybuster or dai guard which was good for the chicks, but EVA was probably the first good Mecha anime i watched around in 96\97...

13. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I like Macross, but I never liked the VF's. Heck I'd even prefer Soukyuu no Fafner's mecha over Macross'.

14. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    just started clannad,
    why i dont watch this earlier
    :mad:

15. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    You mean the first season??
    Great comedy...
    Just wait until you start watching After story...

16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i actually got so depressed in season 2, i stopped watching it and blocked it from my mind.

the show is incredibly well done.

17. AhokZYashA

AhokZYashA

Thanks Received:
    first impression on the few episodes of clannad, great comedy,
    good artwork, nice story,

just wait until i watch the after story.

and i cried watching angel beats, madoka, and anohana.

18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    If ever there would be Mawaru Penguindrum stuffed penguins being sold, I would buy them.

19. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I didnt, i disliked angel beats animation, and overall didnt touch me at all...
    Madoka was awesome...
    Anohana is overrated to me, a bunch of kids crying over a dead girl's phantom, to cheesy...

Clannad and kimiga nozomu eien did better job with the tragedy theme, Ef a tales of memory and Melody is absolutely fantastic too both story and animation...

20. TC-man

TC-man

Thanks Received:
    Clannad is trully a masterpiece if it comes to anime series in terms of story and drama. If you like Clannad (+ After Story) I can recommend Kanon (2006) also by Kyoto Animation, which I think it's even better (others may not think so though). Perhaps also try out "Air", but this one is really a "love or hate it" anime series, but I pretty much like Air the anime tv series, especially after a second watch.

Ano Hana was decent at the beginning, while in my opinion ends with a quite powerful ending. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was a kinda rage anime for me, I really dislike the male protagonist. As for Angel Beats, this really got some good music and insert songs, although in my opinion begins rather weak, and ends with a quite awesome ending.

21. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    One of the reasons beside animation, is the music that i didnt like, reason's to drop angel beats rating for me...
    Kanon is really good, but i tend to like the original Kanon better, it was shorter, but the new version felt rushed in the end...

You should try Ef tales if you havent yet, i can recomend True tears, very good romance and drama but without tragedy...

By the way, just watched ep 89 of Fairy Tail, rarely anime gets that epic in a single episode, this episodes are really engaging to watch...
    Badass Erza vs Erza good angle:
    [​IMG]

Also im watching requiem for Phantom after i decide to skip it when it aired, i must admit, its pretty good, specially the music, its fantastic...

22. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Just want to see how my avatar look..

23. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Ugly!!

24. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Black dude with silly hair, priceless.

25. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:

I love Gundam -- I especially love the ones that transform. Wing gundam, Wing Zero, Epyon (Gundam Wing). GAT-X303 Aegis, ZGMF-X23S Saviour, (even though savour was kind of weak and grossly underpowered compared to kira's Freedom/strike freedom) From gundam seed and Kyrios & Arios (Gundam 00)

---

I am never the less a huge fan of Macross also, I love the whole mechanics of the planes when they transform.

I had all 3 series downloaded. I loved the old 'Ming May' or 'Macross' saga as some people like to call it.. but when it came to the 'masters saga' i totally just lost interest. I think it was because the only subbed version i could find online was dubbed by American voice actors and i couldnt change it. and i just couldnt stand the dubbing,

I think the 3rd series followed the same demise. I cant remember even watching the 3rd series. only thing i rememberd was there was a lot of pointless conversation or story telling and not much action.

fuck what your friends think. watch it first then come to your own conclusion. both genre's are worth watching.

Gundam is the DEFINITIVE mecha anime in the entire universe. I love Macross too. but I also love Gundam and both genres have their own merits.

Zeta was good but not great. endings a little shit though. theres a lot of f**king around in the series, with a certain character that doesnt know if he's here or there