1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    is this about crunchyroll having a subscription fee? because years ago, everything was free to watch or sumthin like that?

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    yes and didnt he do subs for awhile?

3. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    i don't remember hehe, that was a long time ago and i stopped visiting that site since then. Tho there are times that i still receive some email from shinji(?) informing about this and that

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    crunchy lets you get stuff on time if its paid, or a week or two late for free. i thought thats how it always went?

5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It's not like we need Crunchyroll anyway. Well except for Horriblesubs and AnimeUltima to rip from them. :laugh:

Well, there are even more simulcasts now for Crunchyroll, so they had to get money somewhere I guess...

6. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    if i remember correctly, back then there were no simulast in crunchyroll, it was just like any other anime/jdrama/kdrama streaming site.

@entropy13: Y u no visit tpc animu thread anymore? D:

7. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    The forums sucks. Supposedly an anti-spam feature so that spambots won't be able to post if they have multiple tabs open of TPC links, yet still fails miserably. And hampers legitimate users in the forums to boot. Besides the need to always copy-paste, the site still loads too slowly. Very slowly.

8. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    @entropy13: haha indeed, i actually find myself doing copy paste even in this site lol.
    few years back, there was also this Filipino site for animu discussion, tried to join in (was invited somewhere) but the level of otaku-ness is way too extreme for me, discussing naruto/bleach/one-piece all day long and comparing their lives and likeness to them and even deeper (i like to watch and draw anime stuff but wtf), can't really describe it with words lol and i even found some super emo people there.

9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I was a regular of a forum that started as such, ichiraku.org (around 2006). But the forum was eventually "expanded" and it became more like an "online community." It ended abruptly in 2010 though (the admin/site owner announced he would be stopping the payment for hosting). Most of us are in college now, others are working now. We had a reunion last Saturday (Pizza Day and Bowling Day combined - we had these two annually before as separate events) , we discussed current anime, drawing, DDR, GF, DM, someone brought his Nendoroid-like figures (forgot what they were called, but they were made by Banpresto) etc.

And there are plans of an outing this summer.

I have no such problems with posting in TPU however. TBH I'm quite comfortable with vBulletin forums because that's usually the forum system used by the forums I am a regular of. Although the first one is actually the website of Phoenix Rising, a clan for Kings of Chaos. 2003 iirc. lol

10. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    ^i think i remember that site, and i think i was even posting there (tho the site i mentioned was different)

11. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I see what u did there...

If u guys want a nice animu forum, i can always point to my very own (not exactly mine, but im head admin and main content provider, its almost mine...)

12. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    LOL I just read the manga for Another. I got to chapter 10, which is the latest translated chapter.

13. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    deviantart and deviantart chatroom is where i usually go for some other animu talk, tho its been "dead"/not as active now :\
    [​IMG]

watched that papakiki...
    sob-sob-sob
    sob-sob-sob

'__'

not really interested much with the brats '__' but ill try to watch it anyway...

Will also try continue watching some more Amagami SS+
    [​IMG]
    That reminds me, no 2nd season of HSOTD?

14. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    You obviously fail to see their charm we the lovers of cute things do, we are not lolicon, we just love small and cute things, thats all...

Anyone watches Chihayafuru??
    Ep 14 was great...

OH ma Gaud!!
    I just watched daily life of high school boys, and some bad bug must have hit me...
    I thought this would be another cute boys doing cute things sort of thing, instead its stupid boys doing stupid things...
    By the last spot when Tadatsuki or whatever his name enters the scene and throws the punch line (literally), tears and droll as i rolled on the floor laughing my ass off...
    This is so good!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  15. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    each to their own? :)

16. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    watched Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, ill look forward to the succeeding eps :D
    (lol at the regurgitating part)

17. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Internet is soooo f**king slow. I still haven't finished downloading the first Inu X Boku SS ep. And obviously I can't start on Amagami SS+'s 2nd ep yet.

18. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    ah yes SS+, saw some raws this morning, subbed already?

19. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    What are you using??
    Torrent or ddl, you should animesenshi and their megaupload links, its bloody fast for me...

Ep is subbed...

20. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    No difference between the two. They would both reach around 20KB/s max.

When the internet is "good" though, torrent speeds (at least 50KB/s) outstrips direct downloads (50KB/s max).

I've watched the 2nd Amagami SS+ ep now. It's 2 eps per girl since it's a different girl in the next ep (Rihoko).

21. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    You seriously need a new isp...
    Thats like isdn speed's or something, in this day and age of fiber...

22. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    our country isn't exactly the place to have "decent" net connection hehe, im also having issues now, cant even connect to Steam :(

23. snuif09

snuif09 New Member

Thanks Received:
  24. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Well speeds improved so I was able to watch the 2nd eps of several shows (as well as Fairy Tail's 113th ep). Right now I'm getting True Tears, and rewatching them. Considering the barely enough number of seeds, this is actually taking quite a while. 5th ep in 3 days? lol

25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Epi 113 of Fairy? I only see up to 112... since last week was their off week...