1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Annoying Issue with the Hemlock Catalyst driver from Guru3d!

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Enmity, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Enmity New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been coming here for advice a lot lately and I also can be found lurking in the guru3d forums. I was searchin guru3d where i came across in the ati drivers section theres a "hemlock 9.12beta" driver which supposedly gives a good increase in performance particularly in nfs shift. So i thought id give it a go. Downloaded the driver, uninstalled my current 9.11 Official, installed the hemlock driver...and this is when i encountered the error message below. It refuses to load ccc...so i thought ok, i don't like this so i'll go back to my old 9.11s. Uninstalled the hemlock, rebooted, ran driver sweeper, reboot, then installed the 9.11 officials. During the installation it froze because the error message had popped up again..once i clicked "ok" on the error message the installation continued as per usual but again ccc will not start up. Upon every reboot i am greeted with this message.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so, how did you fix it? It's really frustrating!

I thought I'd ask you guys on the tpu forums for advise rather than on guru3d as i find guru3d is far too slow in getting responses lol...i find this forum to be very quick.

So please if anyone could shed some light on this situation i'd really appreciate it. Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. Enmity New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok and i just got this one, similar...but different lol..looks like its a problem with my mom :p

Attached Files:

3. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    The beta drivers from AMD is all you have for now, the 9.11 does not support Hemlock as far a I know.
    The way it looks though, is you are having problems with the M$ Visual C++ runtime. (The ones that gets installed with your drivers)
    Make sure you uninstall that also, then grab the Hemlock drivers from AMD.