• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec P180, power supply?

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
Just got a Antec P180B and I love it, but my power supply is pretty tight up against the bottom fan. I am going to replace my power supply fairly soon but I really want to keep that lower fan.

I almost don't want a psu with only a 120mm bottom fan because of the design of the case they don't work very well unless I start cutting it apart, which I also don't want to do.

I heard the PCPCs are fairly long so I'm uncertain if it will fit with the lower fan... I want something good quality, that has a rear side vent or fan so that lower fan can blow through it and out the back.

Any opinions, ideas, experience would be great.

PCPC I was looking at is a Silencer 610 but not certain if it will fit....

I should add that I'm not very worried about cable length at all, as I will be probably soldering extensions in for cable management also.

Last edited:
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair H105
Memory G Skil Trident Z DDR4 4266
Video Card(s) RTX 3090Ti
Storage WD Black 500gb nvme, Sabrent 2tb nvme
Display(s) Viotek GNV34DBE2, Viotek SUW49DA
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G3 750w
Mouse Glorious Model O
Keyboard KBDFans Odin V2
Software W10 x64
take that fan out and move it the front of the uppr hdd cage. here is a good shot of what i mean:

move that fan up to where i have it in my pics. then you can put another 10cm fan down in front of the lower hdd cage as shown here:

just wedge a 10cm fan in there and you will have your hdd's cooled off nicely. the power supply already has a fan so it is pointless to have that fan right in front of it.

in my case though i fit a 12cm (120mm) fan down there. i removed a piece though to get one to fit.

do you see the part where i wedged the 10cm fan into is no longer there now? now i put a 120mm fan down their for better cooling of the hard drives

here is how my case currently looks after some modding and cable management:

hope this helps. pm me if you need assisteance

edit: get a corsair HX520 at buy.com for 79.99 after rebate and googlecheckout

too bad i just sold mine to MKmods here at the forum.

Last edited: