• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any software for calendar ordered notes/scheduler

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
Hi

I'd like to work with my notes in a more viewable and/or UI-ed, plain notepad is not the best solution.

The notes begin with a date, all days a week, except saturday, and only once per day, however I have to fill in multiple entries for a day in a certain timeframe, that means up to 5 entries per day. the entries consist of a timecode and a description along with a TAG (check bit) it would be great if I can make more tags, but I only need 2 , "pending" and "finished" ... doen't have to be the exact wording, but id like to also add tags for the whole day, not only per entry, tags per entry would normally be some other miscellaneous, but the tag for "not finished" or "finished" would be for each day globally as usually if one day is finished, then all of the entries would be, but in some cases, more entries could possibly be added later and instead of doing them one by one, id like to set separate tags for those new entries and when there is a considerable number of new ones then I would process them all together at a later time. Those entry-local tags would not have any effect on day-global tags.

The logfile would be in XML i suppose, but it doesn't have to be.

If there's no such programme out there, I'll just have to make it my self.

EDIT:

Actually I have a bigger idea how to automate this process, however I believe there is no such program out there.

The timecode entries correspond to a unique video file, i have not been saving the exactly to seconds but I can.

The program would do all the above as I explained, but with added capability to use the database to create day-unique ffmpeg batch files which would also be stored for later use, these ffmpeg batch files would be automatically filled with the schedule database timecodes into a pre-defined ffmpeg command structure that does not need to be unique (which would exctract video sections)

I already use a similar but manual process for some other unrelated DVD stuff, which is limited in content ofcourse, so it was not necessary to automate the process.

I would save a lot of time with this.

Ofcourse, the database/sheduler would also have a identificator for each day-entry, which would be used as a filename for ffmpeg extract, it's all numbered and coded for identification, I think this would save 80% of time but I am confident I will not find a program like this, I guess i'll just have to open VS10 ...

Last edited: