• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Updates Mac Mini with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 1200 @ 3.7 GHz
Motherboard MSI B350M Gaming PRO
Cooling 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12
Memory 2x4GB GeIL EVO POTENZA AMD PC4-17000
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Radeon RX 560 2GB
Storage Samsung SSD 840 Series (250GB)
Display(s) Asus VP239H-P (23")
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C TG
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar U3
Power Supply CORSAIR CX450
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K65
Software Windows 10 Pro (x64)
I just don't think the size is worth $600.

Should've said that then, kiddo, rather than call everyone who doesn't agree with you and your very biased opinion a gullible retard! :toast:

Given that, I really shouldn't even bother with this, but what the heck, I've got 5 minutes spare! [*cough*] In short, while I appreciate your self-proclaimed business prowess, you said you could build a computer with "better specs" for $200-300, and that's what I called you out on. Your reply basically said "you're dumb" plus "you can build a computer that turns on" for $200-300, then spewed a bunch of bull about multi-user licenses and crap that most consumers don't have, and still failed to own up to your original argument!

But oh well, guess you put me in my place... :respect:

Also, on a note of not-so-subtle irony, I run a Blackjack with Windows Mobile 6.1, so go ahead and throw your evident impression that anybody and everybody who would dare defy the anti-Mac standard must own an iPhone in the trash, along with your pathetic logic and over-the-line flaming.

It's a computer, for Christ's sake, and I think we all need to calm down a little bit about it. The anti-Mac sentiment in the PC community has become pretty ridiculous, especially because they are built with the same parts as Windows-based machines. So why again with the name-calling? :shadedshu

p.s. The cheapest 9400 board on NewEgg is $129. They do not sell the exact chip Apple is using, but the closest two models (slightly above and below, respectively) are the T7250 @ $209 and the P8400 @ $216. This is not a cheap build, at any size, and Apple's price is more than fair. Yes, as per your amended argument, you could build a faster computer for $600, but you would lose out on size and efficiency by a HUGE margin, so the comparison is largely unreasonable. What this should be compared to, however, is the Dell Studio Hybrid. For anyone interested in checking out available configurations of the aforementioned mini-PC, follow the link... http://www.dell.com/content/product...-studio-hybrid?c=us&cs=19&l=en&ref=dthp&s=dhs

Last edited: