1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple's iOS 6 maps system is luring motorists into danger, police warn

Discussion in 'General Software' started by axis007, Dec 10, 2012.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Dude they never taught me that shit when I was in grade school haha. I have close to zero sense of direction.

2. ALMOSTunseen

ALMOSTunseen

Thanks Received:
    The Australian education system is ok in some areas, other then the fact that they just got the results back from a survey that states that 25% of grade 4 student are below reading and writing standards. Though the education is good, I remember getting my cursive writing pen licence. Yes in Australia now for school you have to do "Outdoor Education" camps, where they teach you all the map reading, compass work. Though most of my knowledge is from camping with my father.

3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ha ! Sense of direction is an innate ability, not something learned. Put on a blindfold and spin around in circles a couple of times and then guess which direction you are facing. If you get it right more often than not you have a good sense of direction. :)

@TMM : Do they even teach Geography in schools any more? We had to label al the states on a blank US map AND fill in all the state capitals and know where major cities were located.
    Now days US kids can't even find their own home on a map. :mad: