1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Are you buying MW3

Discussion in 'Games' started by MxPhenom 216, Sep 2, 2011.

?

Buying Modern Warfare 2.........3?

1. yeah, Im a sucker for CoD

12.8%
  2. no, i already have cod4/MW2

7.0%
  3. Im not sure yet

12.8%
  4. No.

67.4%
  1. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    Why you all mad?
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't think anyone is mad. People just don't understand why some shell out $60 bucks for the same game year after year is all. There's a difference. Besides, why are you here and not playing this aweseome super 1337 game?

So really, u just mad that others are mad because you percieve them to be mad. Cool story bro... and NO YOU. :p
  3. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bit the bullet and bought it, only because i got it for half price 50$ though, 100$ is too steep for me atm to justify, i read a few reviews and it sounds quite entertaining.
  4. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    50$ is still too much!
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. erocker

Thanks Received:
    MxPhenom 216, digibucc and alexsubri say thanks.
  6. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    I don't care if you like the game or not... I don't see you on my Steam friend list and I refuse to be bullied into using ORGIN so group your desktop shortcuts of BF3/Crysis2/DukeNukem and get some sensitive skin Vaseline lotion and a tissue... Rub one off all over your fail and get feeling better! All the best!!! :toast:
    alexsubri says thanks.
  7. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I have sensitive skin and now I'm offended. Thanks. :(
  8. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I think i might actually end up getting it. All of my friends got it on their xbox. i might be forced to get it

EDIT: but i will not spend $60 on this rehash.

god, i never thought i would see 1 star review sfor a CoD game. people are ripping this game apart on Amazon
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  9. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    A) I never said anything about liking or not liking the game. Your response makes no sense whatsoever. did you even read my original post?
    B) My post had nothing to do with Origin, either.
    C) You are an ass. I remember going out of my way to help you as thought you were a decent guy. idk what your deal is but you need an adjustment right quick.

i'm done. sorry for OT , don't worry i promise i'm gone.
  10. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    I appreciated all help that I've gotten, and it has nothing to do with that unless you are someone who likes to hang shit over someone's head to make them feel bad... So let me start my 3 part apology like this:
    A) I'm sorry that if someone doesn't agree with your opinion that they are wrong.
    2) Just because I have a sense of humor doesn't mean I'm an ass... It just means you don't understand.
    D) If you feel like adjusting me I will Gladly give you ALL of my Information to help you make that possible. "Men Do, and Boys talk... so Man up" :nutkick:
  11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Bullied? It's the same tactic Steam has used for years, you want to play a Valve game, you are required to have Steam. Sucks, but thats just how it goes, and not like either of the programs are stressful. I don't understand your choice in games either, as DN is a Steamworks game? And I think Digi has the most Steam games out of anyone here, him and Dave are both over 300.
    H82LUZ73 says thanks.
  12. erocker

Thanks Received:
    OMG, it's a real-life "Come at me bro" moment!! Aweseome!!... NO, wait.. Not awesome. Gentlemen, lets behave. Better yet, stay out of this thread from here on out. This is your warning. You guys know the rules.
    tigger, crazyeyesreaper and ViperXTR say thanks.
  13. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Step away from the keyboards boys, they're only video games.
  14. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    You have the right to remain idle. Anything you type can and will be used against you...
  15. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    god ive been away from the thread for like 4 hours and its a war in here.
  16. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    You shelled out money for each, and I'm guessing around 50 bucks? a little less/more thereof.

The second screenshot is Modernwarfare 3

See what I did there?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The point is, it even SOUNDS THE FUCKING SAME AS THE LAST GAME :FACEPALM:
    Visuals are the best.

Stick with Call of duty, If your so into it, Have fun with the next game in there series.

Replicate that with Gears of War, or Halo anything. Dare ya.
    Gears of war, had massive changes, now your running around as the berserker and its still decently cheap.
  17. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Meh, all these arguments are just copy/paste jobs from MW2 threads - it's a rip off! Heck - even some of the points of contention as the same from the old threads :p

/s
  18. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Just been playing the single player, its turd if you ask me. The graphics are not even close to how good BF3's are. I wont be buying this i don't think. Its just more of MW2, they could have spld this as a MW3 dlc.
  19. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    MW3 looks more like CoD4 then any of them. The hell!................ wait actually they all look like each other.
  20. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
  21. random

random

Thanks Received:
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  22. fusionblu

fusionblu

Thanks Received:
    I brought the game, but to be more exact I pre-ordered it on Steam as I only had MW2 so that I would get both MW1 and MW3 just to complete the collection. Like MW2 I was more or less able to complete the game on the first day I got it and as for how good the game was I thought it was good (a good improvement over the previous game) because some of the stages I fought through in the campaign was quite brutal as for me to speed things up I would often have to knife the enemies as my guns would need reloading, but what I liked the most about the game is that unlike the previous two games the story of this game finally came to a fully conclusive end with no obvious continuations. :)

As for graphics and control improvements there were very little to none in the campaign from what I'm aware of and as for some of the assets in the game I noticed they were recycled from previous COD games which is why the graphics hasn't improved significantly (and that's if it was improved at all) from the second game. :shadedshu

Overall even though I liked the game it isn't something I would recommend to buy by itself as I see paying £40 just for one game is harmful to my pocket and I was able to get Battlefield 3, a better game, for free which is clearly better built in many areas than MW3 since I was fortunate that my Dad decided to by two MSI 560s for himself which also happened to come free with a promotional product key for Battlefield 3 which he gave me. :rockout:
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  23. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

:p press account though
    Kursah says thanks.
  24. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    I1m sorry but These are all i have a thought of ,When I come to this thread,I mean nothing look better then the last,And the guy who posted the pics above Of all the games since COD4 and at 3 of them screens i kept saying IS that Black Ops or MW3?You guys buying it though keep this in mind will you ,I`m not bashing you guys just realize I hate being RIPPED OFF and Trying to get you to understand this game did this in MW2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4 Also If any one of you remember in COD2 Colonel Price (got killed) the reused character as been in all the cod games,When are you guys going to realize that.....Shame to me when COD came out it was fresh and a great spin on the WW2 genre,they did it again with COD4 MW now it is just ridicules to have re-skinned maps a updated so call Quake 3 engine (barely to play DX9 )Almost 6 years after COD4.Come on this 2011-2012 we are going into When is IW or Treyarch going to update it to a new DX10-11 level. BF3 does blow this out of the water and Origin has nothing to do with it,BF3 has 500 + pb bans the first week after release and I suspect MW3 will have them now.Good luck with that,I heard a birdie tell me one of the lead programer from IW-Treyarch builds and sells the hax online,Who is screwing You now ,EA ? Origin ?Bf3? No .....Think.....It ....Over ......

PS
    Please do not come in the forums at Christmas doing this :(:confused: when the DLC content goes up for $20 just so they can make another $20 off you okay.And they embed the game patch with it so you either PAY to PLAY .....
  25. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    uhhh, i read half way through and was like. Its not all about the PC version of the game. I mean look at the consoles. the Consoles can only do DX9, however with an updated engine like Frostbite 2 they can make DX9 look amazing.

Ive been watching videos and such of MW3 and its really MW1/2 all over again, so im not getting it. Skyrim, AC Revelations, BF3, and Batman Arkham City for me.

And to me its not the graphics that bug me about CoD its the fact that its all the same mechanics, gameplay, etc.

With a new engine it would allow some innovation in the series without loosing fanbase. it could change the mechanics a bit, animations definitely, and physics, and make the gameplay a little different but not turning the game to a tactical shooter. Keep it to the run and gun arena style we all know. Also the other thing that bugs the crap out of me in CoD is that there has been know considerations of balancing. I don't think they looked at the balancing aspecs of the games