• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Artifact Scan

Wren

So I run the artifact scan, and after about 150 seconds the fuzzy box starts artifacting like crazy. I know this happens in 3D games(although 2D games never artifact) as well, I just want to know what this means. I was looking for documentation on ATITool that would answer this, but I couldn't find any.

I haven't overclocked my card, and it's a PCI Radeon 7500.

Vigilante

Since you're having problems in 3d games as well, it sounds like it's a heat issue. You don't have to have OCed to get artifacting if you have high case temps.

How long have you had this card? I mean have you had this for a long time and it just started artifacting in games? Did you just buy this card 2nd hand from someone who OCed and beat the hell out of the card?

Wren

It started happening after the computer store "fixed" it. I didn't notice for a while after that, since I had been playing Icewind Dale II(2D) for a bit.

I've had it for a year or two, although it might be a brand new card, since they said they replaced some parts, last time.

I've been thinking about just getting a new card, but what I'm worried about is that it's more than just the card. I've heard faulty power supplies, and case fans can cause this too. So before I plunk down 105$ for a 9600SE, I'd like to make sure I wouldn't have the exact same problems with it(although the small upgrade would be nice).