1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assassin's Creed 2 DRM Explained.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Exeodus, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Exeodus

Exeodus

Thanks Received:
    Source

I think this a probably the best version of DRM I have seen. Unfortunately this will become the norm if PC gaming is to survive.
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    It is the same protection as Silent Hunter 5. It will be defeated just as fast (under 24 hours).
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    All very nice, but why i have to buy two keys of the same game so my brother and i can play Bad Company 2, MW2, GTA4, etc. online IN THE SAME PC. This happens in PC only, in my ps3 i have several accounts so my brother has his account and i have mine, and everyone is happy.

Why windows allows users to have different accounts, but Steam will only run in one at a time, and why i have to buy 2 keys of the same game to have 2 profiles, i even use 2 mice in the same pc (and logitech setpoint will only recognize the G9 in only one user account:banghead:).

Im not against DRM, Steam, GFWL:shadedshu, etc, all i say is do things right, let me have multiple users profiles for SP and MP (like COD4 MW), in THE SAME PC, as i have in my ps3, or sell the game cheaper.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  4. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    :nutkick:

Yeah, it worked so well with Silent Hunter 5. I can deal with Steam and even Warhead's DRM but this is too much.