• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus A8N-E rev 2.00

bmr50

I just got a Asus A8N-E rev 2.00 motherboard from a buddy of mine,but it came without any of the cables,just the motherboard,can I use just any cables and ribbons I have laying around to put it together.

bobyjo

System Name My Stuff
Processor A64 X2-4400
Motherboard DFI LP NF4 Sli-D
Cooling CNPS9500CuLed
Memory OCZ 2x1gb Platinum
Video Card(s) VisionTek HD3850 512
Storage WD 500gb SATA3
Display(s) Samsung 22" LCD
Case Tsami Dream
Audio Device(s) Onboard w/Logitech 5.1's
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream700 Watt
Software XP Pro SP2
bmr50 said:
I just got a Asus A8N-E rev 2.00 motherboard from a buddy of mine,but it came without any of the cables,just the motherboard,can I use just any cables and ribbons I have laying around to put it together.

Yea you may use the ribbon cables or rounded cables whatever you have on hand.
The SATA cables may be used also, if you need something of that sort.

I suppose your buddy gave you the back panel so your mouse, keyboard, USB, and all hookups will be in the right places.

bmr50

Asus A8n-E

Come to think of it he never said anything about the back panel and I never thought about it.He is only sending it to me to pay back for a extra router I sent him.Do I really need one that badly.He bought the board off Ebay for 40 dollars and I dont think it came with anything,the board does work he says.

bobyjo

System Name My Stuff
Processor A64 X2-4400
Motherboard DFI LP NF4 Sli-D
Cooling CNPS9500CuLed
Memory OCZ 2x1gb Platinum
Video Card(s) VisionTek HD3850 512
Storage WD 500gb SATA3
Display(s) Samsung 22" LCD
Case Tsami Dream
Audio Device(s) Onboard w/Logitech 5.1's
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream700 Watt
Software XP Pro SP2
bmr50 said:
Come to think of it he never said anything about the back panel and I never thought about it.He is only sending it to me to pay back for a extra router I sent him.Do I really need one that badly.He bought the board off Ebay for 40 dollars and I dont think it came with anything,the board does work he says.

I would hate to think you would just have a big square hole where the back panel goes, just cause he didn't send one. If you want to contact ASUS and have one sent out to you, they would do that for about $5.00