1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Announces Comprehensive Lineup of New Motherboards for Intel Core 2 processors

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Jul 27, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS), the worldwide leader in motherboards, today introduced a comprehensive lineup of new motherboards supporting the latest Intel Core 2 processors - Core2 Duo and Core2 Extreme. From workstations to entry-level systems, ASUS' new offerings satisfy different user demands with drastic performance hike.

[​IMG]

ASUS also upgraded several existing models to support the new technology. Please look for R2.0 PCB versions to ensure Core2 processor compatibility.

[​IMG]

For more information on the motherboards and other ASUS solutions, please visit the company homepage at www.asus.com.

Source: ASUS

2. Bill_Bright New Member

Thanks Received:
    As does Gigabyte, DFI, and AOpen.

Intel apparently has not yet released any mobos, but they list 3 Gigabyte and two Foxconns on their website here.

3. oldschool New Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUS Announces Comprehensive Lineup of New Motherboards for Intel Core 2 processors...

And no one really cares.

4. Bill_Bright New Member

Thanks Received:
    Speak for yourself. I am looking forward to a CPU that blows all previous processors in all categories out of the water while producing much less heat and consuming much less power in the process. That's a win win win as far as I am concerned. A win for Intel, a win for the consumer, and a win for competition.

I am sorry if they burst your AMD bubble but that's life. And it does not matter to me who did it - If it was AMD, Motorola, Intel, whatever - as long as it gives me, the consumer more options - getting emotionally attached to a brand is senseless.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  5. Justme123 New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. Bill_Bright New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am sure everyday will bring more.