• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS M2A-VM raiding question?????????

makivili

I picked up this board for playing and encoding multi-media. In any case I'm trying to set up raid-0 for speed. I set the onboard controller to raid and then enter the array interface (ctrl+f) and set my two 500gig drives to raid 0 64kb stripe, write though on, fast off, save and then exit.
For the fun part. I pop in vista (loading please wait...) get to the hdd options no drives found, so I pop in my flash drive with the drivers on it load them array is seen, and vista tells me that my hardware dose not support booting from the selected drive, please check bios settings(a.k.a. my array):banghead:. Thats the wall I hit every time. I'm hoping its some silly setting in the bios that I keep missing please If you have any clue let me know thanks.

3dsage

System Name *5GHZ_STAR*
Processor Core i5 2500K 5GHZ 24/7 1.38Vcore
Motherboard Asrock P67 Extreme6
Cooling Scythe SCMG-2100 REV. B
Memory 2x2GB GSkill Ripjaw X 1600 CL7
Video Card(s) 4850 XFIRE
Storage 500GB + 1TB NAS
Display(s) I-INC 28" LCD 1920x1200
Case Antec P180
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 TRX-650
Software Seven Ultimate 64-bit
What board are you running?
What bios options do you have for your drives?
Set it to Raid, enable AHCI.

makivili

The board is a ASUS M2A-VM, the bios options on the controller are mostly like on off switches. Any way, its a driver issue with amd/ati and vista, xp went on just fine without a hitch. Didn't want xp on it but thats the way it rolls:roll:. I'm trying to like amd still but my 4870=suck software, this new board=suck software. I think i'm staying away from amd from now on. Its sad that they blame Intel for there money problems, but I honestly think it was there own doing. Leave this thread open, maybe a good 3rd party could make some vista drivers that work. Thanks:D