• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS RMA Experience

System Name Headshot
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VI Hero ROG
Cooling Phanteks Glacier One 360 MPH
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 @ 3200 16-18-18-18-36
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Vega64 (Linux)/Gigabyte RX 6600 (Windows VM)
Storage Cruscial P5 1TB nVME, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TBx2 (Home/Data), 2TB Seagate (Games)
Display(s) 2x Acer 1080P 144HZ
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe White
Audio Device(s) Schiit Stack (Schiit Audio Modi 2 DAC + Magni 3 AMP + Loki)
Power Supply eVGA Supernova 1000 G2
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Arch Linux with Windows 10 Gaming VM
I just sent my reference R9 290 due to texture stretching in game. I have read a lot of negative things recently in regards to their RMA service. I called, as I heard that was the best way to get results, the representative that I spoke with emailed me instructions to create an online RMA, it took several attempts, but I finally got it through, an RMA created with my video card's serial number or so I thought. This was wednesday, last week July 15th. I shipped my video card the next day, Thursday, and it arrived on Friday. I waited through the weekend and Monday, no status update on my claim (looking for acknowledgement of having received my video card). I called support again, no issues getting through at all. Apparently, they had no record of my RMA at all or listing of my serial number, so the representative created a new RMA for me. Tuesday came, and I received an email stating my replacement had been shipped. I was quite shocked, however it arrived today. It looked new in box and it was the direct cu II version non-OC to top it off! I must say, despite the few issues I had at first, the RMA experience was quite pleasant. 8 day turn around, is pretty good from shipped to received. It also helps that I am less than 2 hours from their service center as well. :) Attached are some pics of the new card, quite bigger than I expected. WP_20150723_18_17_38_Pro.jpg WP_20150723_18_17_48_Pro.jpg