• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Atitool Reporting Wrong Info

littlebigchief

i used ATITOOL to determine if all 16 pipes were enabled on the sapphire x800gto2, and it reported 16 pipes, so there was no need to flash it from 12 to 16. but then i noticed that ATITOOL was reporting an r430 core?

my initial reaction was shock, denial, anger and then grudging acceptance. before i bought it i made sure the product met my criteria:

1. mfr/sku - 21067-01-21 (this indicates that it has the r480 core)
2. red pcb with supplemental PEG power (this also indicates that it has the r480 core)

so when i recieved my gpu i was delighted the mfr/sku no. was correct it was a red pcb with PEG as advertised.

however the misleading info from ATITOOL prompted me to open up the gpu to take a look under the hood and to my relief i saw the r480 core.

since ATITOOL reported the wrong core perhaps it was also reporting the wrong number of pipes? - while it was easy to find out what the real core was is there a way i can determine if it really is 16 pipes or not?

i ran a benchmark - 3dmark2005 (free version) - and got 5405 marks! and compared with the results as pictured above, from it i have drawn the conclusion that all 16 pipes are enabled and that ATITOOL is reporting it correctly.

also the card could only manage a 520/540 (x850xt standard) overclock using ATITOOL's find max core and find max memory settings while scanning for artefacts, anything above that the card would lock up - so i couldnt achieve the x850xt PE standard that others were bragging about.

but on upside i paid only £109 for a card thats selling for a £140-£175 under the name of x850xt!

discuss.....................................