1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bad temperature sensor?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by jaredudu, Mar 12, 2013.

1. jaredudu

jaredudu

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone,

A couple months ago I built a budget computer using an A10-5800k and was wondering about the temperature readouts HWmonitor and OHWmonitor have given me (~45C idle and a high load). The processor is running at the default voltage and frequency and its temperatures seem unnaturally high. Also I am using a deneb Phenom 2 955 cooler on it (with the copper heat pipes) and this made no difference. Previously I had been using the stock cooler that came with it. I have tried to underclock/volt it but the temperatures do not seem to change.
    The computer is perfectly stable and has been stress tested with p95.

So anyway I was thinking the temperature sensor must be bad, and was wondering if anyone had any opinions.

2. arnoo1

Thanks Received:
    Check contact and thermalpaste it should ifle around 30 en load low/mid 60's

3. jaredudu

jaredudu

Thanks Received:
    As I mentioned, I was temporarily using the stock cooler/paste that comes pre-applied so I am fairly certain that is not the problem.Also, It is kind of difficult to incorrectly seat an AMD cooler as they clamp down.