1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 2 Patch v1.03

Discussion in 'News' started by W1zzard, Oct 4, 2005.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    EA has released the BF2 Patch 1.03 which brings a number of game improvements.

Get the 175MB patch from our techPowerUp! Mirror here.

New Features
    • Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature!
    • Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list!
    • Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle!
    • Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker!
    • Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice!
    • Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time!
    • Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats.
    • Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare!

Tweaks
    • Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers.
    • Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated.
    • Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well).
    • Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery!
    • Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions.
    • Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch.
    • Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers.

…and much, much more!
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  2. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Finally its out. Thanks for the mirror W1zz. :toast:

-Dan
  3. Tory New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow fast mirror! Thanks! :D
  4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    The TPU mirror getting taken out, im only getting about 250 kb/s :toast:
    A lot better compared to the 10 kb/s from EA :shadedshu
  5. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    OMFG!!! The patch broke my installation of BF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to fucking kill EA!!!! :banghead: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

W1zzard you need to add those smileys with machine guns and stuff :)
  6. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    How did it break it?

I got a smile with a flame thrower lol.

-Dan
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  7. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    It just doesnt work, goes to a gray screen and I have to ctrl-alt-delete out of it. No intro videos/sound at all.
  8. Tory New Member

Thanks Received:
    Patch works great for me! Wake island is tons of fun. I have a new favorite map!
  9. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Eh, I found 2 processes named "e0.0001" running the in the background, closed them and now BF2 works. Wake Island is pretty cool :rockout:
  10. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cool!! new levels..well a new old level and a new one too :D
    BTW my smiley just ate yours djbbenn :woot:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  11. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    What, 2 levels?
  12. 65tweet

65tweet New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oops my bad sorry :eek: I thought mashtuur was new. I hadn't played that level in a while and forgot about it.
  13. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Lol...sweet. :nutkick:

-Dan
  14. kent802 New Member

Thanks Received:
    patch eludes me

try as i might, the 1.03 patch doesnt like my computers (i work in a lan center). i've had nothing with bad luck when it comes to bf2 patches anyway, but this one begins patching, then stops responding which forces me to ctrl alt del out. any suggestions on what to do? email me if you feel the explanation is too complicated or long winded for a post.
  15. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    try a new installation of bf2 .. remove its registry keys and delete whatever it stores in its profiles (they're located somewhere under my documents i think
  16. ChAce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Works fine here, and its a LOT better. Thank god its also fixed the n00bs that stood on your tank so that when you moved they could give you a TK punish. You don't die anymore when standing on a tank :D

One big ass bug though, I got my Basic and Advanced Pistol Combat badges at the same time (had Advanced requirements before I got basic) and in that case BF2 doesn't register the basic badge. Therefore, you can not become First Sergeant or Sergeant Major. Thanks a lot EA, now I'm stuck at Master Sergeant :(