1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    haX. Major hax

2. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    twitter.com/Battlefield: "#BF3 #Multiplayer will be unavailable for all platforms for maintenance from August 6th 10pm PST to 12am PST August 7th."

3. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I'd liked to seen that. Were all 3 of you in the Bobcat ?

4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Hacker for sure ! Animal you must of missed the Orhan Days ? Did you just start playing ?

5. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Dude its hacks. We have a guy from TPU who has close to 900 hours. Game name is Master Orhan. I don't know why its so scary its not like hes harming you.

6. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    You misunderstood. It's the destroy 25 vehicles with c4 assignment. :banghead:

7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Animal he used to give us all something to do when things got a bit boring. We would go on a Orhan hunt. It could be fun, but he did piss a lot of us off though. Learn a strategy to make his life a little harder if you want to go back on that server. At least he doesn't follow you around like Orhan did all of us. He would always pop in if any of the TPU guys were playing. It's part of the BF3 experience:roll:

8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Oops. Well just do it the normal way. Patience and stealth. Jihad Jeeping is for small penises.

9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    People who say Jihad Jeeping is for small penises don't even have a penis to call small.

mastrdrver says thanks.
  10. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Yup, it's mountains easier to just plant and detonate, most times tankers don't even know you are there - especially the dimwits who like to drive close to buildings or containers. Hell, 90% of planting C4 is half luck:p

11. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Whatever. I choose to play the game as it was intended/designed and don't really get off on trollish methods (such as wanting to be able to slam the AC-130 into things, as another example).

And I have killed waaay more C4-laden Jeeps with tank shells than have ever gotten through to me so it's not just sour grapes on my part. I just think it's fuckin stupid.

12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    If DICE didn't want Jihad Jeeps by design, they'd have disabled it like they did MAV riding.

I've managed to get quite a few C4 kills on tanks, none using Jihad Jeeps, but I stiil Jihad Jeep, because it's fun.

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  13. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    Jihad Jeeping is kool :laugh:

im at 467 c4 kills :D

but i get alot on foot... i love to c4 snipers :roll:

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Only rule I follow is no base raping. Thats un-sportsman. Thats like bombing a MASH unit. No class. Other then that there are no rules. Its war. You are gonna get Jihaded next time.

15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    With how lame C4 is in this game, I don't mind C4ing with a Jeep. At least in BC2 you had some throw distance, and it didn't sometimes take 3 damn sticks to kill a tank. That takes ages to plant.

16. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I must play in all the servers where the tank drivers pay attention to their surroundings. I do more dying then killing when I try to run up and plant on a tank.

Though I do admit that while they pay attention to their surroundings, they don't do very well at noticing incoming jeeps. :laugh:

17. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had the time to play full conquest or domination games. So I'm limited to team/squad deathmatch on weekdays and then conquest/domination on weekends.

But you guys certainly put that "Jihad Jeeping" idea in my head. Definitely going to have some fun trying that out when I get home tonight :D

18. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Best way to jihad jeep is to team up on teamspeak then you drive and the support sits in base while you find tanks and when its time yell over TS to detonate. then just drive back to have a reapply of C4 and go again.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Ohhhhhh. I was thinking plant a C4 yourself and drive up to a tank, leap out then press the detonator button and boom. I guess if it was that easy, every single person would be doing it :laugh:

20. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea if i played more id probably have the most C4 kills on tanks, as it tends to be the one thing im good for, also fairly good with Jihad Jeeps

and i also dont want to here people bitch about Jihad jeeps

It may be a game but its based on war, what has war taught us? if you have explosives and you need to blow something up you find a way to do it, dosent matter if its a hand grenade in a GI's sock to blow up tank treads of C4 on a fast moving vehicle a high value target is just that high value and for your team and for victory you will destroy it.

Games imbalanced for damage models anyway so i dont know why ppl are bitching C4 on a jeep you sit still your dead someone flicks a penny at you you friggin explode,

Jihad jeep is an effective method of beating a tank, now tank shells hitting ppl square in the chest on the other hand but they walk away now thats just annoying lol. or how things like a Mobile AA you have to fire it all day at a soldier to kill him, that shits stupid,

C4 on a jeep to take out a tank thats just smarts. And besides big explosions are awesome. BOOOOOOOOM!

21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah all that.......and the lulz.

22. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    now i will say c4 on jeep with someone else driving blow up tank and they drive off is a bit stupid but i usually have to die to get the high value tank destroy so its not a bad trade off sacrifice for the greater good and as mailman said teh Lulz :roll:

23. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well I suppose they could have it so they did not stick to friendlies but still...not a huge deal either way to me it's just not something I get much satisfaction or a big kick out of doing. At least not compared to the traditional C4'ing of tanks. It's also a hilarious fail when a tank (or an RPG or something) nails it before they can detonate-for multiple destroy explosive ribbons too-as I usually am able to do as I said...

24. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    well tried playing a round of hardcore, and it sucks seems most harcore servers ive found so far its 1 bullet kill for most weapons, which is a bit much for shotguns at flag to flag distance, man use to be you could find hardcore damage model with 100% health and all other things ON, not OFF, which allowed for the perks of vanilla but no rambo stand in street absorbing rounds that i see on a regular basis in vanilla BF3 what sucks most is lack server choice in comparison to Bad Company 2 in terms of other settings, its pretty much just select one map it runs 24.7 and its standard, if its hardcore its all assits off period no real in between.

need to find a happy medium in between but i just cant seem to find it, i think its dumb firing 30-40 7.62 rounds at point blank range and most miss aka 2-3 feet away but long range can peg someone no problem, the lower health helped that but miss the minimap and spotting mechanics. Oh well, back to vanilla mode i guess.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  25. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Battlelog - Battlelog and Server Update 10:00 CET, 9th of August