1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I think around 100$
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Can we host one ourselves?
  3. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    IF we have less than 32 people I can set one up on one of my crunchers if needed.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    brandon is right, just under $100. I have a server i had initially started setting it up on, but tbh it's a pain in the ass to actually manage a server, even just a teamspeak one. i find you can either manage a server, or enjoy playing a game - but not both.

so i pay for the server and that works for me. however let me know if you guys decide to stop using it - no need to keep it live if it goes unused.
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    We have always been a small group. I can donate a case fan or two and a keyboard if needed Brandon. I would donate to Diggi in a second but I don't think that's sustainable in the long run. (Epic respect to Diggi for doing it to begin with). I just think the donations will last a month or so then die off and he will be stuck. Don't want that to happen. I would rather one of us set it up and go from there.
    digibucc says thanks.
  6. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    You gotta think about bandwidth for the person who hosts it cause on nights we have around 10 people and atleast 3 at a time are talking thats 10*1=25.6 = 256KB sec * 5 people taking that the same time is 1280KB sec.

The person hosting will have a shitty lag at this point so maybe best to pay to host it.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I hate science and math.
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's why erocker stopped hosting his, among other reasons. I see your complaints and they are valid TMM - but we have already tried it that way. erocker had a personal server we all used and it was such a pain he shut it down.

then we had nothing, so i paid for a managed server. I think it's more likely to stay up if people commit to $5 every few months. it will even out. if people actually use the thing throw some cash on it, it's not asking too much imo. if 5 people throw $20 each year it's covered. that's easily done imo - especially considering the fact that i'll continue to cover the remainder on my own.

expecting any one of us to individually manage a server and use our own bandwidth doing so i think is a little much. as i said it takes the fun out, for me personally at least.

I appreciate the problems you've highlighted - but again we've already tried it the way you recommend, and switched to this because it worked better for us.
  9. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Me too but as digi said throw a few $ here or there and its peanuts to keep it running.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok I'm gonna see if I can scratch up some cash to help ya out. PM me your address.
  11. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I got it covered. PM your addy, Digi, I've had 6 months worth of fees waiting for a while now.

The rest of you can donate to me, and every three months we will poll for more funds, and pay every six. Anything missing fund-wise, I will personally cover.

Digi, the hosting company you use has been very reliable, so I'd like to keep the server there. If you wanna shut it down, that's fine, but I know BF3 will pick up a bit more with the expansion in a month, and i'll be playing more once my shoulder heals. We'vbe always kinda been a malleable group that plays many titles anyway, and there's been a fair bit of new users lately. I count on avg 6-8 people any given evening, with as many as 25-30 at times, like this past weekend.

Anyway, let's do dis!

:roll:
    MT Alex and digibucc say thanks.
  12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    (Throws money at the screen) WHERE DO I SEND FUNDS TOO?!?
  13. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    You already have my paypal, asshat.
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  14. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    For a community that loves to give, me being a part of this GREAT community, I will donate $10/year to try to keep this up and running. Just gotta wait till I get my paycheck so I can fill up my PayPal and then it's coming to you digibucc.
    Thanks for giving us a place that is a lot more personal in terms of getting to know each other better :)
    digibucc says thanks.
  15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    you guys are awesome! that's why I love this place so much!

Game on ! :)
  16. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else suddenly having lag issues in the last couple days?

I know it is not connection issues. My CPU use swings ~30% up and down about every 5 secs. Only thing I've done was install the W7 updates that came out the other day. I tried uninstalling the non security updates but to no avail.

I've tried different servers, but it does not help.
  17. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I have a few times, but changing servers helps. It's largely due to users with high pings also being on the server, like 300+ms. Perhaps there is a new hack out or something.

All I know is that I have been doing pretty good with my 360 controller as of late.:p
    MxPhenom 216 and mastrdrver say thanks.
  18. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I actually bought a 360 controller just to use for Skyrim and it was great. However, I think everyone and their moms would own me if I used it for BF3 :laugh:
    I will have to post my stats when I get home tonight for when I had BF3 on my PS3 versus my stats on PC. Ridiculous difference lol.
  19. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Dave is an anomaly. :D
  20. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    H82LUZ73 says thanks.
  21. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if anyone has posted about hit registration on the thread in reddit. They improved the hit detection by quite a bit in an update in BC2. People seemed to have died faster. Like it seemed every bullet was registering, not every other like it seems now.
  22. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    Bf3 has better hit detection than bc2 ever did.
  23. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Yea I checked for high pings but nobody had anything over about 150 max. I'm also finding that FF is crashing a lot today every time something is using flash. It's really easy to crash FF when trying to watch a video on one monitor and do something else on the other. I'm sure their related, but I just have not been able to figure it out yet.
  24. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Mozilla lost their mojo after 3.6....anything after that version, you are right, I crash pretty easily too. So I switched to IE 9 and no problems thus far.
  25. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, I've had no problems until recently. I've spent days with FF open without a single problem.

Seeing how FF did not update recently, I know for sure that it can't be the problem.