1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    based on what exactly? you have absolutely nothing to back that up!

2. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Well it is a know fact that the hardware right now is ahead of software when it comes to gaming. Often issues related to performance are due to deadlines, bad code optimization, and most games being ported from an inferior platform. These are all really just 1 issue.

Battlefield 3 has the benefit of being built for PC and then optimized for consoles. This approach should yield better visuals for console and better performance for PC in general since it is the base for testing. But this is a double edged sword. Since the game we are getting is going to be engineered for computer, they will push the graphics and power needed much further.

They probably mean that the way we do. No current system will maintain 60+ FPS on a 64 man server with the graphics set to balls to the wall. Yeah, there will be plenty of systems out that we have right now that will run the game at max graphical detail and hit 60 FPS. They will not be able to hold it there when the dust starts flying, fires are burning, and tracer rounds are flying over your head.

3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    right but it's all speculation. don't speak with authority before the facts are in is all i'm saying...

caleb and TheLaughingMan say thanks.
  4. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    And I completely agree with that.

digibucc says thanks.
  5. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    ummm....well let's see.....

Didn't they showcase many gameplay videos already ? let's assume that it was on max settings, at least for now. It was obviously too smooth (45+ fps in my opinion).

As I remember they said that they ran the first 3 demos on a single GTX 580 (or was it SLI?)

So yeah, I think it would be valid to say that you can max it out with the current high-end hardware.

Seriously, the more in-game videos I see the more the game starts to look similar to BC2 graphically, there was defiantly an obvious graphics upgrade but not to the point that it won't be able max it out with decent performance ( constant 45 fps). Heck with my current setup I get around 80 to 145 fps in BC2 and that's on max res (1080) and AA, AF..etc.

Now imagine GTX 580 SLI and an i7 2600 @ 4.XXGhz or i7 990x.

It all depends on their definition of "Maxed out" mine playing the game on the highest settings possiable with max resolution, AA and AF.

6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    first assumption and it's more than likely false. my point though,
    is even if you turned out to be right, you are assuming. you could
    very likely assume wrong.

7. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    You sure "an Australian thing" doesn't mean the poster is all you're gonna get cause they're banning the game? :)

random, PhysXerror and digibucc say thanks.
  8. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I'm 90% sure, I bet you played more games than me, you should know how a game would run by the look of it unless it was a badly coded game. :pimp:

9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought he meant he just stole it. You know how sticky them Aussie fingers are. :laugh:

random says thanks.
  10. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ah yes the oft-mentioned "prison colony roots" :laugh:

Perhaps trying to break from this stained past is the reason they seem to be the Nanniest of the Nanny States down there. :)

(P.S. we keeeed cuz we looove!)

random says thanks.
  11. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    That is the great thing about the word assume. You can be
    wrong and you still don't look all that bad. :D

digibucc says thanks.
  12. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Daniel Matros (zh1nt0) wrote on 2011-07-20 @ 14:53 in the EA UK forums:
    Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial is set up only for testing purposes. Keys have been distributed to invited players through our veterans program and other key influencers.

For more info, go to https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com/index.php?id=1 and read the rest in the FAQ.

Edit: Expanded FAQ contents

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
    TheMailMan78 and digibucc say thanks.
  13. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    So...nothing new then. :ohwell:

14. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, I ninja edited the System Requirements in...

15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Which newsletter exactly?

16. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    No problem. Now it has something more interesting.
    It seems it's going to be a bit of a RAM hog and a processor dependent game.
    Doesn't mention 64-bit OS... :\
    Only 256MB for the GPU? :wtf:
    Then again, system requirements never mention screen resolution, so I'm thinking a beefier card will be needed for 1920x1080.

17. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    This is something you can sign up for at the main Battlefield site (http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3).
    Make sure you sign up with the same e-mail address that is on your EA account.
    You get an e-mail every once and a while.

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Fuck Origin. I mean really.....FUCK Origin!

Asshole EA publishers.

19. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    I gare-on-tee Origin will be required for the Beta in September also. Take solace in the fact that you won't have to run Origin all the time, at start-up.

20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    They are going after Steam. So we will all have to use this crap for future digital content from EA. Then Blizzard will, Codemasters etc. These people are nuts.

21. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Steam Forums - Email from EA about MoH:LE and BF3 Beta

PS. I didn't get mine yet...

22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  23. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    New Battlefeld Blog post: Battleblog #3: With An Army By Your Side

Welcome to the third installment of the Battleblog, a blog series taking you all the way to the launch of Battlefield 3 on October 25th! In this blog series, you’ll learn more about every aspect of our biggest shooter ever. This time out is a look at Battlelog with Producer Fredrik Loving.

Never go into battle alone again thanks to the powerful new community features of Battlelog, Battlefield 3’s unique no-cost social network. “We want to make Battlefield 3 a more social gaming experience and it all starts with Battlelog,” says Fredrik Loving, Battlelog Producer at DICE. “We are changing how you communicate, play, compete and share content with their friends, extending the in-game experience to be accessible from your home computer, on your handheld devices while commuting, or wherever you may be." And that’s what DICE set out to do.

With Battlelog, players will be able to build a network of friends, communicate with other gamers, and compare their Battlefield stats with friends and foes alike. It brings all of the social aspects of Battlefield into a single location, allowing you to coordinate any action at the push of a button and get into the game as easily as possible. What’s the cost for Battlelog? Nothing. It’s absolutely free.

[​IMG]

Included in Battlelog is the Battlefeed, your entry point to this new program. The Battlefeed is your main window into Battlelog, showing current events around your network in real-time, giving you a live snapshot of what those in your network are doing in the world of Battlefield. “The feed will encourage people to play even more,” explains Loving. “They will see their friends ranking up, receiving awards they don’t have yet, or getting the new cool guns they have been missing. It will increase the competitive edge. Everything you do on the battlefield is shared amongst your friends.”

You’ll be able to see when a friend unlocks a particularly difficult achievement and offer them kudos. Another pal just joined a multiplayer Rush match in Operation Métro and is looking for some help – now you know, so you can quickly jump in and give them a hand. If someone just nabbed your dog tag in multiplayer, they can shoot you a quick note to say thanks (or, more likely, use those newly anointed bragging rights). It’s all here in the real-time feed for you to share, comment and like.

[​IMG]

With a game as highly-competitive as Battlefield, it only makes sense to have a nicely detailed stat-tracking system. With that in mind, we’ve incorporated a fully-featured soldier progression section, bringing full stats tracking for every shot fired and every action performed in your Battlefield career. “Battlefield players love their statistics,” says Loving. “Now we will give them everything that they want while adding a social layer on top of that.”

Do you want to know what your next unlock is and what you need to do to unlock it? Are you curious about how your skills compare to your friends? Do you simply want to track your multiplayer progress? It’s all here, all the time. Every match you’ve played is accounted for, with all of your stats represented in full detail, and so much more! Be sure to stay tuned – we’ll be unveiling the full suite of features found in Battlelog at a later date.

Stay tuned for BF3 Battleblog #4 soon.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  24. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Abe504 says thanks.
  25. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    was kinda boring to watch

subway tunnels but no flash light??? really back to the Doom era it seems.