1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    On the contrary, I'm kind of hurting for another assault class rifle to get 500 kills with -another couple, even if they were close to old ones, would have been a nice touch. Not to mention the fact that DICE promised more weapons and EA supposedly forced them to renege. A novelty gun isn't enough to replace the others, hence my annoyance.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    What guns do you have 500 with? Thats the one kit I think everything except for the M16A4 is pretty damn good and has their own small niche (they have managed to make small gaps between each of them, where as like PDW's 3x PDWs fire 900rpm).

--------------------
    Also got a new video up today. If anyone hasn't played Scavenger yet, or maybe hasn't looked into the finer details, here's an overview of the mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Jetster and SK-1 say thanks.
  3. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    The only ones I have left are the M16, KH2002, the FAMAS, and I'll finish up the AUG in the next few days. I'm not a huge AUG fan, but after grinding 500 with the SCAR-L it seems like a dream. Needless to say, I'm not playing with the SCAR anymore. I should love the M16, but I'm not a huge burst fan, I'd rather tap the mouse with a full auto than being forced into it. I used to choke up sometimes in close quarters with a burst gun, a problem I may have solved after rolling with the 417 for 745 kills.

4. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah not much left then if you have the rest covered. But I just think that working on other things besides overlapping guns is a better way for them to go. I do understand what you are saying about wanting to just have more to use to get kills with. I just don't think putting out weapons that aren't going to get used is a great idea.

The AUG is a great gun, one of my favorite AR's. It lays into full auto so well, and it's a bullpup so it hipfires well. Only down sides is it's RoF, but it's high enough to be capable in CQ. It feels like a much better version of an L85 (that gun I feel like I'm waiting for the next bullet).

I know what you mean about the burst fire guns as well. I don't know if it's my mind or what. But say I'm turning and firing, when I tap the trigger it's like it slows down the turn, then split second before next shot and it speeds up, then tap and slow down, then speed up. It just throws me off, rather than having a smooth turning arc while I'm shooting with something thats an auto. So I usually try and stay away from CQ with burst weapons.

5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Got FC3. ! Having a hellava time getting it to work though. Won't even open.

6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I wanna go back to the good 'ol days when Far Cry 1 was king and I could get drunk and play for hours while marveling both at the action and the graphics.

7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Figured out the problem. Didn't finish fixing it until 1 am last light , up at 4:30. Now I have about an 11 hour day at work today.
    Not sure how much I'll get to enjoy it tonight, I'm gonna be pooped. Between FC3 and Aftermath I may have something to do on
    Saturday now that NCAA Football is done until next weekend.

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Scavenger Mode sucks. End of story.

9. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Whys that? I think it's a lot of fun. One game I had most of my kills with my pistol, the Scoped Magnum is super good one the larger maps for Scavenger.

10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Because if I wanted to play Quake I want to be able to rocket jump and use Quad damage.

jed says thanks.
  11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Goldeneye was out at about the exact sametime and had the exact same mode. So I don't see only referencing it to Quake. Don't even see what that comparison has to do with the mode being good. The gameplay in BF3 is nothing like quake, this mode might be the same, but it doesn't play out the same.

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Its an FPS based off modern combat with Quake rules and not the mechanics.......sorry but it just doesnt work. If I wanted that kind of game play I would play a game that does it much better. Quake 3.

13. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I've only played 2 rounds of it, but I have seen a lot worse modes, and a lot better. With the Frost 2 and the new maps this is probably the best I've seen. I'm hearing good and bad about FC3 Multiplayer too. Any one besides me getting that ? I know Phenom is waiting for xmas. Just like Warfighter I rush into it and then wonder why I get stuck with a POS like MOH. From what I've read though this may make up for that buy. :pimp:

14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it is pretty deathmatchy. More than Team DM as strange as that sounds. Still like it better than Close Quarters though, but that's due more to the maps.

15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Haha me and some dude just knifed each other at the exact same time...and the funniest part is my finger slipped and I didn't even mean to hit the button lolol (and that one gave me a service star too).

Sorry for double; last post was 5 hours ago...

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That post is basically the exact same as your previous one, just ends with a game farther in the series. Either way, I think it works, I'm not sure what about it doesn't work. It's a nice change of pace, some people get to comfortable with a few select weapons for each class. This forces people to use what they can find. Me and Ufgy been having a good amount of fun with it. That mode alone has had me change up the normal pistol I use. Been using the Scoped Magnum, I've barely ever used it before, never had a need to with a main weapon. So even got me to try out a new pistol.

17. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    I can see your point. I agree that a new game mode like that can be fun. Starting with just a pistol and doing some work with stuff you aren't used to definitely adds to the zest. Personally I'm with MM however and hate the game mode. I'm not forced to play it so I don't have a problem. To each his own!

18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yep, and thats the beauty of having different modes. I absolutely hate Rush. some love it, and more power to them. But I do my best to stay away from it. If a server switches to a Rush map for a round though I usually stick around just to change it up a bit.

Overall I would say I like Scavenger more than Gun Master. They do feel similar, but as I said in my overview of Scavenger. The problem with Gun Master is, once you fall behind, it can be very hard to get caught up. Scavenger though, not so much, bigger maps, more options, and if you find that gun you dominate with then hit the ammo crate, you can make up that ground pretty quickly.

19. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yep Scavenger is better ! I only played a couple rounds to get the bow. I hope people slam it I don't care. I think it is cool.
    The fucking Chinese still use them. They have been around for awhile:D

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  20. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Its an Improvised weapon lol

21. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    I like Scavenger ,I see a lot of guys in certain servers i go to a lot .Using something besides the damn m16 noob kill ratio gun.I played the mode for the stupid assignment ,Ounce i got the thing though it kinda grows on you,See in Gun Master if a guy gets a upgrade level weapon like the m16 ,they just stick with that the whole game. Where in scavenger,if the gun runs out and you can not get to the ammo box ,drop and pickup new gun.

On the other hand i still like my RUSH and Conquest modes,I would stick to playing the new maps on those modes more then Scavenger.Epic-Center in 64 man Conquest is AWESOME and big.That map is my fav new one.:rockout:

Also Kurgan you notice anything new in the weapon balance patch (that 3 gig patch the day before the AM release)Like the PKP /LSAT being a good assault less recoil(to me it is easier to use) gun.I noticed it... any one want to test it? I started using the Lsat with fore-grip last week and had a hell of a time with recoil,Now after the patch i can use it and it seem less recoil.Same with the PKP.

Forgot to ask anyone have the HE bolt unlocked.If so can you use it to just hit some poor sap in the leg and he runs back to his squad for heals and it blows them all up? Or is it just explode on impact thing.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  22. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Just running, hopping and gunning for the fvcking STATS makes it a Quake Clone, well historically BF series is Packman with a facelift :laugh:

The new maps are so beautiful it is a shame it is so fast paced. I mainly go to maps with few people playing now. :cool:

23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    They changed a few things, I've already done 3 reviews on some of the changed weapons. The LSAT got a hipfire buff, I wasn't ever a huge fan of that gun though, but they did it to bridge the gap between Small LMGs and Medium LMGs. So it should be interesting now, I'm sure I'll end up trying it. But I just always felt that the QBB was better, more accurate in all regards, has a bigger clip than the other small LMGs, keeps the fast reload. It's 25 rounds short of the medium + LMGs, but 75 is more than enough and the fast reload with the drum makes it great.

But yeah, now that they reduced the spread for hip fire on the LSAT, in combination with that Foregrip, I'm sure it's a massive difference hipfiring it before and after the patch. Should be much more accurate now.

The PKP didn't get any changes. Feels the same to me as it did before as well. But Ufgy thought it felt a bit different.

24. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    Finally get to try the new patch and loving it. My M16A3 with silencer is godly...again, lol.

25. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Goldeneye with the frostbyte 2 engine...... That is what we need :)

erixx says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU