1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    cant wait for this game, im tired of MW2 crappy no tactics simple game

2. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    okay i got my name now that i am home from work. couldn't create my ea acct at work!

sovietmissile

i have a feeling from watching some of these PS3 beta vids that i will be running assault and sniper the most.

3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    At first when I played the beta I seen 4 classes and I was really bummed out, but honestly they did a good thing moving to 4. Each class does feel VASTLY different, like you are mant for a certain job and another class might be able to fill that role partially, but not like the perfect class would.

Assault is really the only one I would say is a bit more open ended and doesn't have a specific role, but 2 or 3 roles. Since with a Assault Rifle they get a Grenade launcher than can be Smoke, Grenades, or another thing I can't remember. They can provide good cover, and the Ammo regen is a bonus if you can live through your clips. But with a shotgun that kit does a complete 360, and I tend to like it more with a shotty. I'm not much for Snipers, and once they get Mortar Strike, there is no use for C4, heck there really isn't a ton of use for them having C4 anyways. So when you use a Shotty as Assault you now get to use that C4 in close quarters and you can regen C4 ammo, it works very well.

But beyond that one class, Medic, Engineer, Sniper, those are pretty obvious on your goals. Engineers guns are good, but any open area of map and you might as well be dead without a vehicle, those weapons are great in town, especially since no main kit has shot guns now. If you round a corner against an Engineer kit, expect to die most likely because they will put a whole clip into your corpse faster than you can say "dammit".

And now that Medics have LMG, all I have to say is "oh my jesus", I love this kit, if you like feeling like a badass mofo, nothing is cooler than this kit. And there is honestly a lot of bad medics, it's rare to get revived, but games I was in I would average around 20 - 30 revives. There times when a medic will capture that crate or flag and without him, it just wouldn't be possible. I would just sit in a corner toss health packs down, and raises my friends corpses, they would die again, but when the bullets can't reach me, that crate or flag goes down, then I die, but served that purpose.

And Snipers, well ranged, doesn't get much more simple than that. So picking your styles with the kits narrowed down to 4, it won't take long for you to feel out what you really like and you really don't like.

4. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    i like to play reckless and camp (be lazy in other words)....both assault and sniper pretty much suit my playstyle.

5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah those sound to suit you, if you have a good Medic as Assault, thats a real deadly combo, never run out of ammo and can get rezed. But you might have to resort to being your own Medic if you are just playing solo sometimes, which is what I did, just Rambo it drops some HP packs and hope to live.

Also if anyone else doesn't want to spend the astronomical price for BC 2 in other countries, just let me know, I just gifted a copy to rpsgc.

6. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
  7. skylamer

skylamer

Thanks Received:
    MailMan78 FTW! :D)

8. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    For UK users that pre-ordered with Play.com - I rang them and they are referring people to email codesandpromos@play.com and they'll explain anything you need to know. I emailed them this morning and have yet to receive a reply.

This is beyond a joke!

9. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That sucks :( Maybe if they don't respond by email by mid day tomorrow call them, and tell them you you'd just rather cancel your pre-order and go through someone else if they can't resolve it.

10. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it looks like I'll being doing that. However I didn't want to pay for the game on Steam as it almost £10 ($16) more expensive.

:(

My community is planning on getting a BC2 server if we enjoy the beta, if we can get on the blood thing.

>.<

11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I will likely be grabbing this when it comes out, but I am very disappointed in DICE over the audio. They are completely full of shit in claiming that you can't hear a difference between 16bit and 24bit output. I easily hear the difference in my RE0's from a good source, even thru my aging Audigy 2ZS.

Still, it's a hell of a lot better than that pile of shit IW tried to shovel at us.

12. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Send me the cash ($50 USD) via PayPal and I'll gift it to you on Steam. I have more to gain from helping you avoid Steam's stupid policy than I can gain from stealing your $50.
    :pimp:

InnocentCriminal says thanks.
  13. InnocentCriminal

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully that won't have to be done but I do appreciate the offer.

14. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Beta Client Leaked and other beta related crap

Source

Leaked BETA Client

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

InnocentCriminal and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  15. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Like Trip offered, I will too, I already gifted a copy to rpsgc, so if you need some help getting a copy for cheaper just let me know.

InnocentCriminal says thanks.
  16. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Tomorrow at 6 p.m. I will be at work. That sucks balls.

17. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I might actually stay home tomorrow to download and play the beta. I have "sick days" at work and I don't get reimbursed if I don't use them... so I use them for epic game release days. :rockout:

18. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    My download speed is god awful through verizon in Orange County, CA. I was going to stay home but it probably won't be finished till the next morning anyway so I will just take a 3 day weekend.

19. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I'm using U-Verse, and i'm in OC too....

Can I have anyone steam name?

20. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    3 day weekends are pure gold. :toast:

I would think that you could get a better connection in OC. :wtf:

TRIPTEX --> should be the only one out there.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    kid41212003 says thanks.
  21. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    FIOS is the better of the 2 services Verizon offers...but it's not available in my area yet! The SECOND it is...I'm all over it.

Road Runner was awful in my neighborhood but I had mad fast download speeds. However, I only had service about 2 weeks out of a month. Verizon has gone down twice in 3 years and never more than for 5 hours. So that's the trade off!

22. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    OT:

-Lemode.. Which LG 27" do you have?

23. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    it says he has the HP 27" in his sys specs....

24. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    I want to join

Scrizz *** Scrizz *** Assault/Recon
    Steam name: Scrizz

25. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Might if I add you in steam for some squad action?