1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    On the sand up against the ship in Atacama and I see an enemy AT coming. Got him in my Gustav scope and wait...wait...fire but he takes an opportune turn right towards me. I see I am going to miss him with my Hot Carl and he's almost up on me so I toss a 'nade and then from the slighty higher sand drift up against the ship I am able to Ninja jump right over him still on the AT avoiding the Road Kill! He jumps off the bike and turns towards me but I quickly am able to switch to my G3 and mow him down!

I start to cackle to myself with a feeling of victorious badassery when I am killed by the grenade I threw less than 5 seconds earlier.
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  2. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Classic BF irony. Love it.

Oasis Conquest. Whenever this round loads people always rush Bravo with the vehicles. Since I'm whoring C4 to get plat I now rush to the entrance of Bravo and toss some C4 on the ground. While still standing on the road to look like an easy roadkill the enemy will try to hit me 99% of the time. They get close. I pop the charge and their vehicle flies over my head.

Not as good as your story but it's consistently effective.
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  3. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    Going to leave the game on the main screen, logged in, while I go out to lunch and whatnot. Feel free to send friend adds, for those who aren't already on my list, since the game has such a wonderful and convenient way to add friends. Game name: CGS_Burt
  4. snuif09

snuif09 New Member

Thanks Received:
    edit just kept my name to a simple snuif09 =)
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it's not just the gameplay mechanics and elements that are so great and make such moments possible but also the map design and detail too. They didn't need to include the sand drift up against the ship. Could have been a simple oversight I probably wouldn't have noticed or missed. But they did and it can matter as my story shows. Such nuances are not only realistic but adds to the complexity of the game by changing up the equation, so to speak, in subtle but effective ways. Had the ground been flat I woulda gotten nailed. And obviously that particular spot is also great tank cover etc.
  6. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    It's also a great spot to get the tank tilted up from the US side have a better chance to hit Russian choppers.
  7. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ah ha.

Yeah I sure wish I hadn't thrown that gren. It was more unconscious reflex than anything. I also wish dude had been in knifing range when he jumped off the Quad.
  8. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    My buddie's Dad always told me to wish in one hand and shit in the other. See which one fills up quicker?:laugh:
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  9. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Well Bama didn't have a good day with weather yesterday, but they tore the draft up tonight.
    4 guy's in the first round. Wow !
  10. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    that my friend was TMI To Much Information
  11. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    I think when your that age it is worth a "little" victory party :laugh:
  12. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I'm surprised you make it there with time to C4, people always head to B instantly. Thats why I like to drive my Humvee up there and park it sideways in the entrance, that way they can't drive in, then I shoot them as they walk around my vehicle, makes me giggle.
  13. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    :D ! :rockout: Actually it was 35 years ago. If the wind blew that's all it took:roll:

Classic BF irony. Love it.

May have to try that one.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  14. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    So yesterday I did something I never do with engineer, I put the Acog scope and Magnum bullets on my SMG, instead of the explosives bonuses.....

It turned out to be really fun, I ended up defending C for a long time, as they would not give up trying to take it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  15. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    SMGs are almost too good when used with Magnum. The UMP doesnt even need a scope to dominate since it feels like BC2 just lands the rounds on target for you. Just load magnum + extra ammo and you'll have 120 rounds when its only 3-8 rounds/kill.

I have plat on the ump with less shots fired and higher accuracy than any other automatic weapon.
  16. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I tried the scope for a bit too on Alex's advice but it really threw me off. Never play Recon either so just not at all used to a zoom when I hit right mouse.
  17. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    I did that too on the next round. I couldn't believe how effective it was. I am definitely going to try it again with my favorite SMG, the UZI (magnum + extra ammo, since I love its iron sights). What I may end up doing, is making my specat kit, the anti personnel kit, and the standard one, my anti vehicle kit; depending on the map and vehicle usages.
  18. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Hey I just went to Can you run it to check BFBC2 and my system shows as only having 751 MB of video ram.
    It used to show like 1200 or some crap like that. WTH !
  19. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I always use Mag Ammo, for almost anything, use to not use it on LMG's, but then they got nerfed. Though I try and take extra explosive ammo over a scope.

It's weird, now that I check my stats of best LMG vs best SMG, My PKM takes .2 more bullets to kill a target, but my kills with a PKM are 68 an hour and my kills with a UMP are 36 an hour... such a large difference.
  20. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Man seems every server i go to either has hit detection issues or if hit detection is good the teams fucking SUCK!
    9 vs 13 i carried my team we lost towards the end but damn if i didnt try to pull a win that round. of the 9 only 4 including myself were actually worth a god damn. This is when you know your team is shit

15 vs 15
    9 vs 13 active
    4 of 9 are actually trying. only 1 player on enemy team truly sucked being 0/12

so 4 vs 12 lol still was a fairly close match till the end.
    [​IMG]
  21. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    This round was longer than I'd like to admit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  22. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Good round tonight. Atacama my best map by far. And I'm no pilot, even the UAV. Occasional gunner. Two of those deaths from a lame auto-kill "protection zone" that must extend at least 25 feet outside of uncaps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and a funny one from yesterday. Sweet WW2-style camo! :p It didn't fall off for like another 30 seconds. :roll:

[​IMG]
  23. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    any have fix for crash to desktop crap what i keep getting?its getting really annoying i cant finish a round without game crash to desktop multiple times.

things i have already tried from google searching with no luck.
    change dx settings .. tried 9 /10 /11 .
    delete bc2 folder in my documents.
  24. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Run a manual DX11 update. If that does not work, reinstall the game.
  25. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    good game with lots of rape and hacks

[​IMG]

Good times.....beat him in insults. Got him to admit to being a twink as well as riding the short bus and me takin his mom.....:roll: Good times.

[​IMG]
    Seriously? 99 kills?
    Last edited: May 3, 2011