1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Beeping issue I got from a free system.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by drade, Aug 28, 2006.

1. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    As some people may know I got a free amd athalon xp system with a fx5900, also a 40 gig Hard drive, and around 712ram something like that. It's a compaq Presario 6000 upped with some stuff.

First thing that was an issue was that you'd have to put a huge fan right next to the pc with no door, it overheated. I cleaned off the surface of the stock Heatsink, put as5 on and it seems to run cool (Cant tell yet). Fixed this issue.

Second thing, I booted it up, and it said "start windows normally" so I hit that, then it shut down and would start up again, and die in 4 seconds, So I hit the power button and it kept doing that, so I took the heatsink off to see if I may of crushed the core, I put it back on When everything looked fine, and it worked? Odd? Fixed this issue.

The next issue is this beep, It makes a beeping sound about every 3 seconds, and a never ending chain of those beeps in a 3 seconds time frame. So I tried other ram, tried another gpu, even took of the heatsink and put it back on, unplugged some stuff. I also switched jumpers from one side to another...Still nothing...I have been told it' a dead mobo (can't be it was working before for about 3 years, I even saw it get to windows). Any other suggestions? Not fixed

2. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your mobo, processor, or psu has given out.

3. oinkypig

oinkypig

Thanks Received:
    I had the same exact prob with my asus a8r-mvp mobo, RMA-ed it pc worked perfectly. its most likely your mobo, but possibly your psu

4. bcracer220 New Member

Thanks Received:
    did u try reflashing the bios o_O