1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Benchmarks sub forum

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by NdMk2o1o, Aug 27, 2011.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Would be an good idea to have an benchmarks sub forum as we have a lot of benchmark tables and threads that are currently spread over several sub forums, so all the 3dmark, everest, unigine, super PI etc etc threads and tables can be in one place and make them easier to find when I want to upload some results, thoughts??

2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think this idea has merit. Not sure how to implement it though,
    Since there are both hardware specific benches and also gaming type benches, where should it be placed?

3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    IDK I always thought it inherently went with Overclcoking, but they seem to end up in software and games as well.

It is a good idea, but I still think users will be prone to dropping benches in video card and game specific sections:(

4. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    All* benches are done in software so under software would be a fitting spot imo :toast:

They end up everywhere that's my point a one-stop-shop for benching would be a good inclusion to TPU imo

5. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    See edit^^. Still agree a place to do it all would be good.

As for the threads that already exist, I agree they all would be better off in one section, even if not a new one specifically for them.

NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  6. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    How can I add a poll to this thread?

7. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    I believe it should be a Hardware subforum.

It is the hardware that is being benchmarked, it is not?

8. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    see and this is the issue I guess. I say overclocking, some say software, and you bring up a valid point on why it should be in hardware.

9. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Just make a thread in the overclocking section rounding up all the most current benchmark threads and breaking it up by what's being tested. Then have someone sticky it. I started to make one months ago but abandoned it upon realizing I'm too lazy to keep the links up to date, but as an example this is what I had.

10. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    I think a subforum thread dedicated to bench-marking results/scores only would be great. Then link to those existing threads already scattered out in the rest of the other areas. As new ones are created in the new appropriate thread.

Or move all bench-marking results/score threads to the new forum leaving a ghost thread so those already subscribed a path to find where it went. Possibly have a separate thread for each titled accordingly to the benchmark name.

Make a forum named example "Benchmark Compilation" or use the "Contests" forum (Its dead almost anyway :rolleyes: ) then put the sub forums by Benchmark name.
    It wouldn't or shouldn't matter then if it was Software or Hardware all bench-marking results/score recording threads would be compiled in one area for recording and viewing purposes only. If you want to discuss Software or Hardware there are forums already for this. Sort of like this.
    Contests
    CPU Benmarks​

Processor GFlops Compilation​
    WPrime Benchmark​

Memory Benmarks​

MAXXMEM​
    Ram Tweakers Version DDR3​

Might take a little while but eventually having all new threads for any type of benchmark results started under their appropriate benchmark named heading would be great.

11. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    Overclocking already has its own subforum under Hardware, and one may benchmark a non-overclocked machine...

I was under the impression we were discussing creating a completely new and separate subforum and which forum it should be placed in?

Software is a forum section with several subforums, which I always believed to be the place to discuss software or post updates and such, but I suppose it could be an appropriate place to put it.

Either way, I vote for a benchmarking subforum.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  12. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Click on Thread Tools and in the drop down menu, click on Add Poll, which is the bottom option.

I think a dedicated benchmark section would be a good idea. Also, it should be split into the various main benchmarks currently used, so it would look something like this:

BENCHMARKS

- 3D Mark
    - Unigine
    - F@H

etc etc

Or something like Altered has suggested would be good.

13. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    I also agree with Altered; group the benchmarks according to the specific hardware, e.g. CPU, RAM, GPU, and maybe have a section for overall system benchmarks such as PCMark.

14. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    This would be a great Ida . I was always wanting TPU to do a page dedicated to benchmarks . Why this was never done is beyond me . TPU needs a benchmark sub forum NOW ! It should be listed in over clocking and cooling JMO .

15. blu3flannel

blu3flannel

Thanks Received:
    This would be awesome. If some people felt up to it, they could organize all the results like in the 3DMark 11 thread and everything would be nice and tidy.

16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, this has some merit.

17. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Well then get it done ! :slap:

18. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    Any news on this or did the get-er-done post end it. :confused:

I do think it would add to the TPU community. Everyone world wide looking to see real live accomplishments with different benchmarks would stroll through. TPU would have the most condensed massive amounts of data all in one area for pre-shopping goodness along with aft-shopping comparison ability. I can tell you quite a few non TPU people that would bookmark the entire benching forum instantly if we had it all in one area.