• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BenQ MOBIUZ Launch its First 48" OLED Gaming Monitor, the EX480UZ

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Gamers throughout the UK will be able to experience a new level of 4K gaming, with the launch of BenQ's first OLED Gaming Monitor, the MOBIUZ EX480UZ. BenQ, the world-leading human technology and solutions provider, has created a next-level 4K 48" OLED gaming monitor. The newest monitor to join the BenQ and MOBIUZ family boasts a 0.1 ms response time, FreeSync Premium and a 120 Hz refresh rate to support smooth and uninterrupted gameplay.

"We developed the MOBIUZ EX480UZ to offer gamers a new immersive experience with our first OLED monitor," says Royce Lye, Managing Director of BenQ UK & Ireland. "Gamers, either professional or amateur, can enjoy a new audio and visual gaming experience with top-of-the-range display technology that can support smooth, uninterrupted gameplay, but also promote healthy extended used with our latest built-in eyecare technology."

It is the first model in the MOBIUZ range to adopt the newly-optimized HDRi modes for enhanced vibrant colours, without sacrificing bright and dark details with BenQ's exclusive Light Tuner technology. Color Vibrance is also now available to be adjusted in both Game and Cinema HDRi modes for added flexibility. This enhanced visual performance combined with treVolo audio provides users with the best gaming experience.

TreVolo sound systems within the monitor allow for spectacular sound production for true immersion in game. With built-in speakers and five immersive sound modes, gamers can easily adjust the monitor to the perfect sound experience for each individual game. The visual and audio technologies within BenQ's monitor gives ultimate control back to the gamers, offering a one-stop shop option for all their gaming needs, without needing to rely on multiple devices, headsets and distractions.

Combined with the latest BenQ OLED 4K technology, the new MOBIUZ monitor also includes BenQ's latest eyecare technology. Recent years have seen a spike in the popularity of gaming monitors and viewing equipment, but often with the risk of gamers developing eye strain. However, BenQ's eyecare technology includes low blue light, flicker-free and brightness intelligence plus, ensuring gamers' vision is safeguarded during their gameplay. The visual benefits of the latest EX480UZ model makes this one of the first OLED gaming monitors to not only promote healthy gameplay but also expanded immersion.

BenQ's latest stylish monitor allows any gamer to lose themselves within the experience, regardless of the game they are playing, be that on a PS5, XBOX Series X, Nintendo Switch or a PC.

The brand new MOBIUZ EX480UZ is available now for a RRP of £1599.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
It's a TV, which we all know makes a second-rate monitor at best
Look, it even has its own TV remote.
/s

There's no shame in admitting it's a TV, but if you're going to call it a monitor it has to be able to display text without giving you a migraine from dumb non-RGB subpixel layouts, and have a dot pitch suitable for sitting in front of at arms reach. Clearly, this thing is going to fail on both counts.

£1600 buys you a much nicer, larger, and more capable TV from an actual TV manufacturer, too.

JustJohnny

one of the first OLED gaming monitors to not only promote healthy gameplay
Healthy? Next you'll tell us the box it comes in is GF (gluten free) and contains no artificial flavours and colours.

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
/s

There's no shame in admitting it's a TV, but if you're going to call it a monitor it has to be able to display text without giving you a migraine from dumb non-RGB subpixel layouts, and have a dot pitch suitable for sitting in front of at arms reach. Clearly, this thing is going to fail on both counts.

£1600 buys you a much nicer, larger, and more capable TV from an actual TV manufacturer, too.

It is a monitor, it has no cable tuner. It is for connecting to your PC. Also WOLED can display text just fine, ask the million people using one as a large format display.

The 42" model is better for PC use and the 48" model makes much less sense. I bought one today for a specific space that perfectly fits 48" and will be mostly used for movie viewing and console gaming, but if it fit a 55" I would have bought that for the same price.

I do agree that you can just buy the same thing direct from LG for half the price, so... why bother here. But that is normal for this kind of product, large discounts.

SPDIF connector instead of eARC? Really? If somebody has an Atmos Soundbar or Surround Sound system, SPDIF is limited to 5.1 audio with no support for upfiring or downfiring speakers. Even mid range soundbars support that nowadays. How is it monitor manufacturers keep getting this so wrong? If people want to use SPDIF, every motherboard already has that.

You know what motherboards don't have though? An eARC connection so that a single chain for audio and video can passthrough without needing a separate cables for each. If TV manufacturers can do this at a fair price then so can monitor manufacturers. Rant over.

Processor Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.1GHZ all core load (8c 16t)
Motherboard MSI MEG Z390 ACE
Cooling Corsair H100i v2 240mm
Memory 32GB Corsair 3200mhz C16 (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6900 XT Red Devil Ultimate (XTXH) @ 2.6ghz core, 2.1ghz mem
Storage 256GB WD Black NVME drive, 4TB across various SSDs/NVMEs, 4TB HDD
Display(s) Asus 32" PG32QUX (4k 144hz mini-LED backlit IPS with freesync & gsync & 1400 nit HDR)
Case Corsair 760T
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed on powerplay mousemat
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Wireless Vive Pro & Valve knuckles
Software Windows 10 Pro
Healthy? Next you'll tell us the box it comes in is GF (gluten free) and contains no artificial flavours and colours.

Well it is healthier because it's Organic and far better than those non-organic LED screens :p

System Name Cyberdyne Systems Core
Processor AMD Sceptre 9 3950x Quantum neural processor (384 nodes)
Motherboard Cyberdyne X1470
Cooling Cyberdyne Superconduct SC5600
Memory 128TB QRAM
Storage SK 16EB NVMe PCI-E 9.0 x8
Display(s) Multiple LG C9 3D Matrix OLED Cube
Software Skysoft Skynet
/s

Can just use the cleartype config tool to adjust it, did it first for my old 1080p LG telly years ago that is BGR and made it look clean. DPI being much higher on 4k oleds it still looks good to me on an LG A1. Still, did it on that and looks sharper without the chromatic aberration effect you get when it's wrong.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Another size for people with tennis necks.

System Name Cyberdyne Systems Core
Processor AMD Sceptre 9 3950x Quantum neural processor (384 nodes)
Motherboard Cyberdyne X1470
Cooling Cyberdyne Superconduct SC5600
Memory 128TB QRAM
Storage SK 16EB NVMe PCI-E 9.0 x8
Display(s) Multiple LG C9 3D Matrix OLED Cube
Software Skysoft Skynet
System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
The 48 in gigabyte Auros oled monitor is $849 fyi. Lol

AORUS FO48U 48" 4K OLED Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160 , 120 Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms Response Time (GTG), 1x Display Port 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.1, 2x USB 3.0, with USB Type-C, Space Audio https://a.co/d/hrQhGaq

wow dis great. i have 43inch acer predator 4k120hz but this oled am keeping an eye for