1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best CPU cooler for DFI Lanparty Ultra-D 939?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Paulieg, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Best Air CPU cooler for DFI Lanparty Ultra-D 939/Opty 165 overclocking?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for a good aftermarket cpu cooler (air) for my Lanparty Ultra D 939 board and overclocked Opteron 165. I've read alot of information on various coolers, with conflicting information on which ones will fit and install correctly. Can someone suggest the best cpu cooler for this board? Before you respond, please consider the following:

It cannot block my memory modules (OCZ Gold XTC) orange slots
    It cannot block my PCI-E x16 slot
    I'd prefer NOT to install a backplate under the board (but I will for the right cooler)
    Height is not an issue in my I-Star Nitro full tower
    Price under $50

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Munkul New Member

Thanks Received:
    the artic freezer 64 pro is one of the best air coolers on the market, and for value it IS the best. read reviews and you'l agree

3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I was gonna say Freezer 64 Pro as well. or the Tuniq Tower...not sure if its under $50 though.

4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i use the zalman 9500 and from what i've heard from others with the freezer 64 ,the 64 cools like 5*c cooler !

5. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    My arctic cooler is a great cooler I'm buying a Scythe Infinity but only because I've got a deal and I have nothing better to do than tweak. Really the Arctic cooler is like the 4000+ or 165 of coolers major bang for the buck. Hey off topic anyone else notice how close Scythe and Arctic Cooler are . The Scythe store sells Arctic Cooler products. Their products also seem to me to look similar wonder if they are affiliated. Also put your ram in first and it will fit the Arctic cooler giving you about a millimeter between the ram and heat sink . I have it in mine now and my ram is in the orange slots.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  6. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    Also the Tuniq Tower might not fit and also the Scythe infinity is reported to fit I will let you know.

7. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    Sycthe Infinty per DFI will fit and will not block any ram slots. It's so big it goes over the top of the ram slots. If I were you Paul get it.

8. skandal

Thanks Received:
    Tuniq Tower, no doubt :)