1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best fan for Thermalright 120 Ultra extreme and Q6600 OCed?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by tostator, Nov 27, 2007.

1. tostator New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi friends.

I'm still completing my new computer, and I'm looking now for a good fan for a Q6600 overclocked and a thermalright 120 ultra extreme. Looking in these forums, i've seen people who recomend the silverston 121... The specs show that has high cfm.

My intention is to set the fan automatically controled by a program like speedfan depending on the temp, so the fan should work with pwm...

I could get (in spain) the silverstons, some akasa amber (?) fans and some scythe, and others, but I think this are some of the best. What do you recomend me?

Thanks in advance

2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    tostator says thanks.
  3. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    tostator says thanks.
  4. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes the Siverstone should be nice. I went with a thermaltake 120mm smartfan (93 CFM @46dba - wanted the blue LED's) on my Ultra Extreme and it keeps my e6600 3.6Ghz (1.5v) at around 55c, so the 110cfm should do a little better (yours is a quad, so may be hotter, depending on how much OC, voltage your comfortable putting through it).

tostator says thanks.
  5. fredde New Member

Thanks Received:
    I second the Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F fan. I built my most recent sys. using 6 of the S-FLEX SFF21F fans. I control the chassis fans with a fan controller. I too use a Q6600 overclocked and a thermalright 120 ultra extreme for cooling. My temps are 29 at idle and 47 at full load.
    The Scythe fans are extremely silent.

tostator says thanks.
  6. tostator New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks everybody for your recomendations. I'll look for the Scythe 120mm Slip Stream which appears in this review I think it has best of both worlds: High cfm like the silverston and relative low noise.

Does anyone know if they work with a pwm (pulse width modulation) system without the "clicks" that other fans do?

thanks!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007