• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best Intel Heatsink??!!

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
I have had many coolers,Arctic Freezer pro, Scyth infinty with 3x 120 fans, Zerotherma NV120 ,Enzotech Exteremex, and two Thermalright Ultra Extremes . The Thermalright Ultra Extreme is the king hands down when all things are factored in. It needs the smallest Cf fan, so it runs quieter than all the rest but cools as good or better. The standard by which all heat sinks are judged is against the True. The Xigmatech are good but louder than the True but they are smaller, the Zerotherm is good, has a 83cf fan blue led, but once again smaller but louder than the TRUE, the Tuniq Towers (old king of heatsinks) is good, has a blue Led fan, has almost as good performance as the TRUE and can use a quiet fan. If you want the best, but you will pay for, it buy a TRUE. If you want to save money, need a smaller heat sink (TRUE is 160mm tall) and want a little louder fan but just about as good of cooling buy the Xigmatech 1283 or 1284. The Tuniq is good and is 153 mm tall and the Zerotherm 120 NV is 149mm tall. They all give similar performance to the TRUE, but in the end there is only one TRUE and nothing matches it when high voltage with a Quad is used except but water cooling.

Last edited:

prijikn

I think Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme.It is the the highest frequency.

HDT are pretty good but still TRUE is better when mounted well.