1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

bios problems..urgnt help needed.

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by newmodder, Dec 17, 2005.

1. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    i went to update my bios on my ECS RS480-M mobo everything went fine, i checked three times to make sure i was installing the right bios.when i went to reboot the pc all i got was a three second beep, did not even boot into bios...need help quickly please:cry:
  2. SunShine

SunShine New Member

Thanks Received:
    Go to close service for preflash.
  3. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    go to where?

i cant even boot into windows, tried onboard video..no go..tried booting from startup disk so i could flash back to pld bios cant even do that.
  4. Aevum New Member

Thanks Received:
    theres quite an extensive thread around here about bios recovery in case of a bad flash,

theres also the issue that ECS usualy has several revisions of each boards, with several modifications that can make the bios from one revision incompatible with the other revisions, so take that in to mind,

btw, didnt ECS started shipping that top hat thingy with their mid and high end boards ?
  5. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    rma'd the mobo

i got a new mobo anyway...i was hoping when i got he new one it would read the f-ing cpu temp correctly but..not a f-ing chance, still reads 45-50c idle.the guy at the store put my cpu into another computer and it read idle at 29c.so i know the cpu is fine its just the useless temp sensor on the mobo.:banghead:
  6. Aevum New Member

Thanks Received:
    carefull, a cheap PSU with unstable rails can raise temperature,
    i would make sure its the sensor and not a bad build thats providing that nice 15-20 degree temperature rise