• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Black Mesa World Exclusive!

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
right....um...but i didnt discover HL1 until HL2 was released get the picture? its not that i dont understand. i was just stating why i didnt do it. i didnt sit their and ask myself "WTF why do these graphics suck from a really old game? wow this is really perplexing"

and i dont think iv played the orig quake either. i just bought 4 instead.

If you really liked HL2, going back to play a classic game such as the first Half-Life is a real treat. But playing the successor to it and deciding not to go back in time to enjoy the roots of such greatness because the visual's are good isn't exactly the best reason. But to each there own, but remember the concept of having a good gaming experience isn't omfg teh visuals lokk coolz!!. If that's the case you might as well just print out a screen shot of crysis and jerk to that all day.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
If you really liked HL2, going back to play a classic game such as the first Half-Life is a real treat. But playing the successor to it and deciding not to go back in time to enjoy the roots of such greatness because the visual's are good isn't exactly the best reason. But to each there own, but remember the concept of having a good gaming experience isn't omfg teh visuals lokk coolz!!. If that's the case you might as well just print out a screen shot of crysis and jerk to that all day.

well your assuming thats how i play my games. i still play nwn 1 and the original delta force and it really isnt an issue. at the time i saw a buddy playing HL2 and it was beautiful. i was really eager to play it. because he let me play his for a bit. i was too eager to play it to pay attention to the first one. and i didnt want to take the time to [play through an entire game to get to the one i wanted. i used the graphices as a reason to convince myself not to waste the time. and i just read up on the storyline instead so i understood. not that you needed the explanation but saying to each their own and then calling me out on why i did it is kinda ironic and that thought process tends to irritate people.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
well your assuming thats how i play my games. i still play nwn 1 and the original delta force and it really isnt an issue. at the time i saw a buddy playing HL2 and it was beautiful. i was really eager to play it. because he let me play his for a bit. i was too eager to play it to pay attention to the first one. and i didnt want to take the time to [play through an entire game to get to the one i wanted. i used the graphices as a reason to convince myself not to waste the time. and i just read up on the storyline instead so i understood. not that you needed the explanation but saying to each their own and then calling me out on why i did it is kinda ironic and that thought process tends to irritate people.

I wasn't trying to call you out, i was in the same boat with Half-Life, I played Half-Life 2 first and loved it. But for me, when i played it and finished it i wanted to know more about the world, the characters, how it got that way and just how it all began, the story is just that engrossing to me that it really does get to me when people don't go back and see the sweat and effort that went into that game and left people wanting more because of some insignificant reason/s. I say to each there own, because maybe you see something different about it then i do, maybe for you the visuals really are what made that game what it is and in that way you saw what i see about the series, and im not going to argue that, thats your own reasoning. To me.. my own reasoning is, that the first Half-Life is a game to be played and remembered, not because it looks good, but because it was a hell of a game.

Last edited:
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
not really into all the mods but I may check this one out. I played hl1 when it launched and like bo fox it was the intro, getting into black mesa, seeing the whole scope of the world that got me going, from there it was just better and better.

the younger gamers I see on tpu seem to be feeding an issue I see across the whole gaming industry "just make it look cool"

well that's nice I can enjoy some trees and landscape on my way to a pointless mission in a high school drop out storyline. Since the latest graphics craze games have been dropping in playable hours consistently while offering a paltry storyline during those hours and extremely shrunken levels (actual size of how much run around room you have).

for me make the storyline work first, then the interface/gameplay/ai, then soundtrack, then voice acting, then make it look decent.

D

Deleted member 67555

not really into all the mods but I may check this one out. I played hl1 when it launched and like bo fox it was the intro, getting into black mesa, seeing the whole scope of the world that got me going, from there it was just better and better.

the younger gamers I see on tpu seem to be feeding an issue I see across the whole gaming industry "just make it look cool"

well that's nice I can enjoy some trees and landscape on my way to a pointless mission in a high school drop out storyline. Since the latest graphics craze games have been dropping in playable hours consistently while offering a paltry storyline during those hours and extremely shrunken levels (actual size of how much run around room you have).

for me make the storyline work first, then the interface/gameplay/ai, then soundtrack, then voice acting, then make it look decent.
I'm older than you and I want all that and Nice Graphics..LOL:D

I've been PC gaming since Pac-Man and Q'bert

System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched
afaik there was an upgrade that enhanced everything
oh and it (even on the ps2 )was a f censored.gifn huge game just as i thought i was finished there was more :wtf::twitch: overall a go back to game ye ye the graphics where a bit naff, but i didn't have the upgrade then, so i'd like to see what that has to offer,i need to find it and give it a wirl, might be back with screenies:D

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
I started both HL 1 and 2 but sadly never finised either. I am replaying HL2 now and it is amazing. I bought HL 1 source at the holidays for $2.49 on Steam. I have HL2 EP1 and EP 2. I have some AMAZING gaming to get through. By that time maybe COD MW2 will be under $50.

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 7950 crossfire
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Audio Device(s) Xonar STX
Power Supply Seasonic X1050
Software Windows 7 X64

I think Half Life still holds up pretty well in the visual department. You can also use Blue Shift Unlocked with the fixed HD pack which also works for Opposing force and it looks pretty good, imo. There is no reason to not go back and play HL if you have never finished it.

That said I can't wait for Black Mesa. It should be cool. :D

System Name V I K I N G
Processor Intel Core i5 11400F
Motherboard Gigabyte AORUS Z590 PRO AX
Cooling Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT + Corsair Commander PRO + Corsair QL 120 x 3 + Node Pro
Memory 16 GB / Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL @ 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS ELITE RTX 3060 12GB
Storage 500GB WesternDigital BLACK PCI Gen 4 M.2 NVMe
Display(s) AOC 27" 144Hz Monitor AGON G2 series
Case Corsair iCUE 4000D
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Delta S Quad DAC Hi-Res Audio + Samsung 300W modded Home teather speakers
Power Supply Thermaltake Thoughpower Grand 750W RGB 80 Plus GOLD
Mouse Corsair SABRE RGP PRO Champion series
Keyboard Corsair K70 TKL Champion series
Software Windows 11 PRO X64
:D great! tnx for publishing this info, this game will be awesome!

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
System Name Commercial towing vehicle "Nostromo"
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Unify
Cooling EK-AIO 360
Memory 32 GB Fury 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) 4070 Ti Eagle
Storage SN850 NVMe 1TB + Renegade NVMe 2TB + 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) 25" Legion Y25g-30
Case Lian Li LanCool 216 v2
Audio Device(s) B & W PX7 S2e
Power Supply HX1500i
Mouse Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard Scope II 96 Wireless
Software Windows 11 23H2
Right...HL1 was my number one of all FPS back in 1998......another variety/iretation was/is CS - still a higly participated game......Really hopes that this BlackMesa thing is going to be more than just a blibs...

As I recall it, they started in 2004.....sooooo....

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 7950 crossfire
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Audio Device(s) Xonar STX
Power Supply Seasonic X1050
Software Windows 7 X64
Right...HL1 was my number one of all FPS back in 1998......another variety/iretation was/is CS - still a higly participated game......Really hopes that this BlackMesa thing is going to be more than just a blibs...

As I recall it, they started in 2004.....sooooo....

and out of hell started in 2002 and was just released this year ..........sooooooooo.........

It's a mod that these people are working on in their free time.

System Name Commercial towing vehicle "Nostromo"
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Unify
Cooling EK-AIO 360
Memory 32 GB Fury 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) 4070 Ti Eagle
Storage SN850 NVMe 1TB + Renegade NVMe 2TB + 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) 25" Legion Y25g-30
Case Lian Li LanCool 216 v2
Audio Device(s) B & W PX7 S2e
Power Supply HX1500i
Mouse Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard Scope II 96 Wireless
Software Windows 11 23H2
and out of hell started in 2002 and was just released this year ..........sooooooooo.........

It's a mod that these people are working on in their free time.

If any...I know......I was tester on the "Sands of War" mod back in 2005/2006.....
Sadly, this mod died with version 1.6.....

The mod people have my deepest respect :respect: