1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Black ops

Discussion in 'Games' started by tk2910, Sep 7, 2011.

1. tk2910

tk2910 New Member

Thanks Received:
    On the Border of N.S.W. Victoria ( Albury / Wodong
    Does anyone believe that black ops is very hard to tame, as in playing the game without any hic cups. For example my son's compter specs are as follows
    Asus P6x58D-E motherboard... Intel® Core™ i7-950 Processor (8M Cache, 3.06 GHz, 4.80 GT/s,.....G.Skill 6GB (3x2GB) Kit, PC-12800 (1600Mhz), Ripjaws, 8-8-8-24-2N, Triple Channel Kit 12 gig all up,....Silverstone Strider Gold 1200W Power supply,......Thermaltake liquid cooling Xaser XI Super Tower Black ,....OCZ 120GB SSD, 3.5", Vertex 2, SATAII, Read 285MB/s, Write 275MB/s,.....Windows 7 home edition 64 bit.....
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX560 Ti, now after installing I have to say that it takes only 5 sec's to load any map in the game ( multiplayer ). But in the game play I feel that I am too slow...eg you shoot someone at point blank range like 20 rounds and nothing, they shoot you in 2 rounds ( bullets ) and your dead. The network is at 45 - 50 ping adsl 2 here in Australia, is there settings in the game maybe that has to be tweeked. ???? Any help would be appreciated thankyou.

2. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    The game im afraid is just like that the hit detection is dodgy and the games pretty imbalanced. Others can feel free to agree or disagree but that was my personal experience.

3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I have to agree with hit detection on that game. I dont have the game myself but Ive heard my friends and videos on youtube complain about poor hit detection.

4. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, the hit detection is really bad in Black Ops. I've got a system similar to yours in performance and I have the same issues most of the time.

5. tk2910

tk2910 New Member

Thanks Received:
    On the Border of N.S.W. Victoria ( Albury / Wodong
    Do you think that the better the system the better the player, eg sys specs vs sys specs the better the system the better the player, I mean there were times that I would see the other player and shoot him long b4 he shoots me and he had the edge, it's like years ago dial up would be infearior to adsl.....it's hard to explain my point.....Like the hdd I had b4 was a seagate barracuda 7200 rpm and it took 17 sec's to load the maps, now this hdd loads maps up at 5 secs and because of this I have gained my kills by %75. like I used to only get 8 - 9 kills each game....now its 18 - 37...does anyone agree or see my meaning?

6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I admit having good system plays a little part in it. but just because you got a faster hard drive means nothing at all to the game as all of the hit detection and a majority of the game is run off a remote server once everything has been loaded up.

So its a 50/50 thing. you as a player need to be good. you could the most powerful pc in the world but that wont help your K/D ratio if youre a shit player to start off with

7. casual swift

casual swift New Member

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know if the hit detection varies from console to PC? I've never played blops on PC but on console I never had any problems with it.

8. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    IIRC I do believe the console versions have aim assist.

9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I swear everytime I read black ops I think of this....

[​IMG]

10. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I loved the show family matters :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yep, it's how they attempt to make up for fast turning speeds of mice. So won't be a good comparison vs PC which is all manual.