1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Black spot under mouse pointer

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Tan DJ, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Tan DJ

Tan DJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not quite sure what category my query fits under as I don't know if it is a software problem, or a video driver problem, so I appologise if this is the wrong forum.

The problem I have is that several games that the kids like to play (oh alright, I like to play as well :eek:) have a black spot under the mouse pointer.

it's about an inch in diameter and the mouse pointer is in the centre of the spot, and it makes it extreemly difficult to accurately click on the screen.

I'm running WinXP pro SP2 on a 2.4Gh P4, PowerColor AIW 9800SE AGP video card with the driver that unlocks the extra 4 pipelines. (I got it from techpowerup)

I have tried setting Windows compatibily mode, none of my google searches have turned up anyone else with a similar problem.

Does any one have any idea where this spot is comming from and how do I make it go away?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just a wild shot: you don't have the "Show location pointer when I press the CTRL key" enabled under mouse settings in the control panel do you? That's the only possible reason I could think of, but still unlikely.

3. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    Can you post a screenshot for us? Perhaps it will help us in finding the solution to your problem.