• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Blackbird Interactive Delays Homeworld 3, Pushed Back to May 13

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Hello, Commanders—we hope you all have been enjoying your first-time going hands-on with Homeworld 3 during our public demo of War Games. Watching you share your experiences, exchange and debate strategies, and give us constant feedback has been incredible. This was our first time seeing the game played at scale, which is always an equally thrilling and nerve-wracking moment. We also recently gathered a dedicated group of players from outside our organizations to play through the full game. This resulted in additional insights and perspectives that will be incorporated to make Homeworld 3 the best experience possible.

After careful analysis of feedback, we made the decision to delay the global launch of Homeworld 3 until May 13, with advanced access set for May 10, to ensure that we're making the final tweaks needed to deliver at the level of quality that we strive for and you deserve. To say that you as a community of players have been waiting patiently for this next installment would be an understatement, and we are deeply appreciative of that. We will continue to keep you updated on our progress. As always, you're welcome to send your feedback via social channels, the Homeworld Universe Discord, and through our support page.

As always, you're welcome to send your feedback via social channels, the Homeworld Universe Discord, and through our support page. Thank you all for playing, and we'll talk again soon-Gearbox and BBI.

We understand you may have some follow-up questions regarding this announcement. Please read through the FAQ below for more information.

Will I be able to re-order the CE if my order was cancelled?
Now that there is a new release date for the game, retail partners each have their own systems for determining when new orders can take place. It is each retailer's decision once a product's release date changes when and if to re-list it for sale. We are ensuring that the retail partners that previously had the CE for sale have all of the updated information on the new release date, and will communicate that information as soon as possible.

Why was my Collector's Edition order cancelled on Amazon?
When some retailers don't receive product on their expected timeline, in this case our Collector's Edition due to the remaining work to be done on the game, automated processes can be triggered that can either send out a delay or cancellation notice to their customers. While all retailers have their own processes for this type of scenario, this is very likely what happened to your order. We've communicated our new release window to all our retail partners and expect the CE to be relisted, or delivery dates updated, soon

Is the Collector's Edition still available for pre-order?
Yes, as long as it has not sold out yet with your chosen region/retailer. Details on official retail partners can be found on Homeworld Universe.

When will my Collector's Edition arrive? Will it arrive in time for the Advance Access period?
For players who purchased the Collector's Edition through Fig, Gearbox Publishing is responsible for ensuring a timely delivery for the new advanced access date of May 10, 2024.

For those purchasing the CE through retailers, those retailers will receive the Collector's Edition from Gearbox Publishing in time to ship them to customers for the new advanced access date of May 10, 2024.

Please note that we cannot guarantee delivery dates, as the speed of delivery is dependent on several factors, including but not limited to, shipping terms of the retailer and the possibility of general shipping issues arising that are out of our control.

Is my CE digital key included in the physical shipment?
Yes. Your digital download code will be packed inside your Collector's Edition box. We cannot email you your key separately.

How can I update my Shipping address for the Collector's Edition?
For players who purchased the CE through Fig, please reach out to Customer Support to update your address. For players who purchased the CE through other retailers, address updates should be made directly with the retailer.

I didn't get a chance to order a collector's edition previously, where can I purchase one?
Details on official retail partners can be found on Homeworld Universe.

We thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Processor AMD 7600x
Motherboard Asrock x670e Steel Legend
Cooling Silver Arrow Extreme IBe Rev B with 2x 120 Gentle Typhoons
Memory 4x16Gb Patriot Viper Non RGB @ 6000 30-36-36-36-40
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT MERC 319
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 1Tb NVME
Display(s) 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2414h
Case Coolermaster Stacker 832
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower PF3 850 watt
Mouse Logitech G502 (OG)
Keyboard Logitech G512
A shame to see it delayed, I played the war games mode and it looks and feels more like Homeworld 1 with individual units again but I want to wait and see how the campaign plays.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Better done proper than rushed to market. I saw complaints about the controls..

Nothing wrong with delaying to take into account demo feedbacks. We cannot complain of bad quality day one releases AND also deny time for developers to improve the day one game..

Processor Intel i5 4440
Motherboard Asus H81
Cooling RAIJINTEK Rhea
Memory 2 x 4GB Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA nVidia GTX 970 SC 4GB
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 Evo, Seagate 1TB HDD
Display(s) Asus 23" 1080p 120Hz
Case Bitfenix Pandora M-ATX
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DGX
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80 Plus
Software Windows 10 64bit
I'm so happy to hear it's delayed. I've played a few hours of the War Games demo and was so disappointed I cancelled my pre-order. Terrible AI and path finding, bad controls etc. Love every game in the Homeworld series but this needed more work before it's ready. Have pre-ordered again :)