• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Booting Problems

Processor i7 2600K @3.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus P8P67
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4GB) 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Galaxy Nvidia GTX 760 GC 2GB
Storage Crucial M4 256gb & Western Digital 3TB
Display(s) BENQ XL2420TE 1080p 144Hz
Case Cooler Master Elite 430
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 600W
Mouse Logitech Daedalus 303g
Keyboard Corsair Quickfire TK
Hi guys, I just recently started overclocking my PC and 2 weeks after the overclock I started having some booting problems.

Here's what happens:
The problem is that when I press the power button the pc turns on and all the fans are at it's maximum speed (it always happened so its nothing new), but it never shows anything on the monitor and then the fans slowly start to slow down until the pc turns off and turns back on again and boots normally.
Another problem that I think is related is that every time I put my pc on sleep mode I cant wake her up, it turns all the lights on but it doesnt show anything on the screen and I have to do a hard power off and turn it back on to resume the session...

Some extra info:
First time overclocking because i finally got a decent cooler, so I only changed the multiplier everything else was left how it was, so I suppose was Auto(?). I solved the booting problem some time ago when a friend told me it was the ram, he told me to remove them and put them back on, that maybe they weren't placed correctly, it worked that time and I tried that again today, but it didn't work.

Thank you in advance.

Processor i7 2600K @3.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus P8P67
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4GB) 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Galaxy Nvidia GTX 760 GC 2GB
Storage Crucial M4 256gb & Western Digital 3TB
Display(s) BENQ XL2420TE 1080p 144Hz
Case Cooler Master Elite 430
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 600W
Mouse Logitech Daedalus 303g
Keyboard Corsair Quickfire TK
hmmm I will, but i repeat this happened sometime ago, before I ever overclocked, so it might or not be related, still wouldn't mind more opinions!