1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Brain dead

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by starshipwarrior, Oct 14, 2006.

1. starshipwarrior New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am trying to educate myself on these ATI card vs HD res and other terms
    So 1080P is = 1900 x 1080 - So here is where the confusion for me starts - I understant the different RES but my Card (ATI Radeon X800 PRO) the display properties shows two lines under display

1. Plug and Play Monitor - on Radeon X800 Pro it can only go as high as 1360x768
    2. (Default Monitor) on Radeon X800 Pro Secondary it goes to 2048x1536

question
    1. so how do I get it to use the default monitor even though I can't go higher then 1300
    2. So how did i get two displays since I removed all drivers prior to this 6-9 install
    I am so confused LOL
    This machine is a ASUS P4T533 MB - 32-bit Rambus (has 512 in it) CPU 3.5
    the display is a sammy 32inch LCD /TV which runs at 60hmz and seems to be maxed out at 1360

I checked the ATI manual and it stated that "install AGP drivers for non Intel Chipset based Motherboards
    The thing is it did not list which MB it refers to
    I tried to find out what Chipset my ASUS P4T533 uses thru system devices but could not find it - anyone know how to get that info

Since the card works I am guessing that it has some sort of AGP intel driver ?
    I am planning on getting another LCD/maybe plasma -(40-60inch) what res should I be looking for to get the 1900 x 1080

last question : are there any video cards that have HDMI connectors - all I have is DVI

Thank you all for your help
    Starship Warrior