1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) appearing

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by fenurch, May 14, 2010.

1. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    So I've got a fairly new system (its been around 2-3 months that I've had it) and I had never seen a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) till tonight. So it happened when I tried playing a game called A.V.A. Once I ran it, I could browse around for about 1-2 minutes before I got the BSOD. I thought this could've been some random crash so I tried it again and the same thing happened. So I left AVA alone and went on to play CSS and as usual there were no problems at all. Then I tried playing a game called Karos Online and once I got into the actual game, another BSOD appeared. So I restarted my PC and thought 'well it might be because I'm running Foobar and playing this at the same time' (no idea why I thought Foobar would affect this but yeah) but even though Foobar was off, I got another BSOD. So, what is the problem?

For reference, this was the first time on this particular system that I tried running both games (A.V.A. and Karos) but I doubt its much to do with that.

Could it be my PC over-heating? Maybe I should get the ol'hoover out and suck this mofo out?
  2. MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

Thanks Received:
    Could be anything. Bad RAM, over heating, bad PSU/not enough power, bad drivers. Have you updated any drivers lately? Get the latest video card drivers too. Run a memory test like Memtest86.com and see if it's the RAM.