1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bsod

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by madswimmer, Feb 10, 2010.

1. madswimmer

madswimmer New Member

Thanks Received:
    alright so i recently moved my computer from my room to my dad's office. the computer ran fine when it was in my room but when i installed it in his office is started freezing frequently. we would restart and itd be fine. today we got a BSOD and i have no idea whats wrong. the message said DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and had info on safe mode and blah blah. also had a code that i took a picture of on my phone so i can write it down if necessary.
    anyone have any idea whats wrong with it?
  2. neoreif

neoreif

Thanks Received:
    Maybe your PC is experiencing power fluctuations? Why not try plugging it on a different wall socket and see if it would still have errors/BSOD? And also post the error you got so that we would have more reference!:D
  3. madswimmer

madswimmer New Member

Thanks Received:
    i plugged it into a different socket, ill post the error message tomorrow
  4. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Hey madswimmer, welcome to TPU!

Any chance you could fill in your system specifications for us please? It'll help with diagnosing this issue and any other issues you hopefully won't face.

I can debug BSODs so if you're able to, after you've filled in your specifications I'll point you to the directory where the minidumps (HEH HEH HEH) will be located.
  5. madswimmer

madswimmer New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. neoreif

neoreif

Thanks Received:
    HHmm? I think the problem resides on one of your drivers... But anyways, hope IC can do a debug on that error code so that we can a pinpoint the exact cause of your BSOD! BTW, just wanna ask you if you connected any new hardware when you transferred your pc to your dads office? Any new peripherals perhaps?
  7. madswimmer

madswimmer New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeaa, different mouse/keyboard/printer
  8. neoreif

neoreif

Thanks Received:
    Well those new peripherals may be the culprit! I am not confirming this but since you said that your PC was doing fine back at its old location, then the sudden BSOD when you transferred it at your dad's office and connected those "new" peripherals to your system. Would it be possible for you to run your PC with the "old" KB/mouse that you have and maybe probably disconnect the printer from your system too? Then see if any BSOD would still occur... But to really pinpoint the problem you would need to provide those mini dump files that Innocent Criminal requested earlier in this thread so that he can debug the problem and see what it is specifically! Hope this helps somehow!:D

And oh, try this link too for more info:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/mic...0-solved-driver-power-state-failure-bsod.html
  9. Indra EMC

Indra EMC New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try to unplug all of your component, and plug again, it's maybe something loose, even your processor can loose.

because you didn't see any anomalies BEFORE you moved your PC right ? :rockout:
  10. madswimmer

madswimmer New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol bump for more help :)
  11. dvdhsu New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh hi there G-Nade! XD. Guess who this is?

Did you try plugging in your old mouse and keyboard yet?
  12. madswimmer

madswimmer New Member

Thanks Received:
    haha hey, ima start by just unplugging my dads keyboard/mouse and see if it fixes it, i own a $70 mouse and a $40 keyboard, my dads are like $20 for the both xD