• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cannot calibrate ACER T231H Multitouch LCD Screen...

toreleiren

I recently bought the ACER T231H Multitouch Screen. Earlier this Summer, I had problems with calibrating the Monitor. But eventually, I made it work. After a few days, I had many "Blue Screens" on my PC, and reinstalled the Windows 7 64-bits. And after that, I have had troubles with calibrating the Monitor....When I enter the Calibrating Section, and hit Calibrate, I am not able to prese the Cross in the Top Left corner of the Monitor....I have updated with the latest drivers, and the Monitor is set to Primary....Hope someone can help me with this issue.....

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Msi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Memory 16Gb Adata Spectrix 3600 Cl18
Video Card(s) Palit GTX970 SLI
Storage Adata 512Gb SX8200 pro
Display(s) 3x 27" 1080p Lg's
Case Coolermaster 690 II pure black
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 750W Masterwatt
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
Is the cross in the top left actually been displayed Or is it off the edge of the screen where you cannot click it.

Firstly I would check that you are running the native resolution for the monitor. That should be 1980x1080.

To set this right click any blank space on the desktop. You should get a drop down list. Go to screen resolution. And make sure 1980x1080 is selected.

Secondly fill out your system specs on the left. It may be that your graphics card has options in the drivers that allow for a little screen movement.

That monitor's touch capability works with optical sensors. These are placed inside the bezel. It may be worth just getting a cloth and making sure all of the sensors are clean, and free from obstruction like for instance stickers covering a few of the sensors. Another feature of this monitor is you do not actually need to touch the screen. Just been close to it is enough. So make sure you have no loose clothing or trailing fingers.

You may also want to check the USB socket you have it plugged into and the cable. You should be using a USB 2.0 port. Using a USB 1.0 port may cause problems. Likewise older USB cables may cause problems as well. So it's worth just throwing a couple of ££ at a new cable to see if it's a quick fix. Also have you installed your motherboard drivers, and any related USB drivers for third party controllers. Again filling in your system specs will mean people can help with this.

Last edited: