1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cant I change out the gfx card on this? HLP ME PLS BE4 I BUY IT!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by warchief_ryan, Aug 24, 2005.

1. warchief_ryan New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cto/computer_customize_components.do#GRAPHICS_CARD

Look at the pic next to it; it doesn’t look like it’s one that is embedded on the motherboard. It looks more like a desktop card. Couldn’t I change it out for a different one if I wanted? I keep hearing you can change out the GFX card on laptops but then I hear you can on the PCI E express ones or if they support it like someone said the AlienWare ones do, but I don’t know.

But I want to know can I change it out for a better one if it fits and if I cant what laptop can get that I can change the GFX card.

2. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    You will have to look up reviews of the laptop to see if its changeable, it used to be big a year ago but its hard to tell from the specification pages.

3. warchief_ryan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya ive been looking around for somthing that talks about it but i cant find anything about it realy, i tryed looking in like reviews for the some high end laptops but havent seen anthing yet :(