• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cant I change out the gfx card on this? HLP ME PLS BE4 I BUY IT!

warchief_ryan

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cto/computer_customize_components.do#GRAPHICS_CARD

Look at the pic next to it; it doesn’t look like it’s one that is embedded on the motherboard. It looks more like a desktop card. Couldn’t I change it out for a different one if I wanted? I keep hearing you can change out the GFX card on laptops but then I hear you can on the PCI E express ones or if they support it like someone said the AlienWare ones do, but I don’t know.

But I want to know can I change it out for a better one if it fits and if I cant what laptop can get that I can change the GFX card.

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
You will have to look up reviews of the laptop to see if its changeable, it used to be big a year ago but its hard to tell from the specification pages.

warchief_ryan

Ya ive been looking around for somthing that talks about it but i cant find anything about it realy, i tryed looking in like reviews for the some high end laptops but havent seen anthing yet :(