1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Catalyst 10.1 = fail?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by MN12BIRD, Feb 10, 2010.

1. MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

Thanks Received:
    Okay so I've been running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RC for awhile now and it's been solid. I've gone through ATi Catalyst 9.8, 9.10 and possibly 9.11 (I can't remember the exact drivers I was running but I'm certain I used 3 updates)

The other day I bought Windows Home Premium x64 since the RC was about to run out. I did a fresh install and everything seemed to work fine. I installed all the motherboard drivers, everything seemed to work great. The ATi drivers Windows 7 uses seemed to work fine. Dual monitor was working, 3D performance was fine.

But I of course wanted to get the latest drivers and the CCC installed. So I downloaded the latest 10.1 and installed it. Half way through the install the transparencies went away as did the second monitor. But it finshes the install and says you need to restart. When it comes back into Windows a thing pops up saying "ATi drivers are not installed or not working properly"

WTF. I can uninstall them, reset, let Windows install them and they work fine. But as soon as I install 10.1 it does this again.

Has anyone else had problems with 10.1? So frustrating I haven't had any issues with ATi drivers yet! Now this!

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  3. troyrae360

troyrae360 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didnt even need to restart after installing 10.1 on win7

4. buggalugs

buggalugs

Thanks Received:
    Ya it works perfect for me.

5. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    +1

I was really disappointed with the 10.1 set, my frames dropped overall, as did my ePeen length 3DMark scores. It was the crappy image quality I had in games, AA looked like clinkers in most games and I have to have AA enabled due to jaggies making me incredibly angry and causing my brain to hurt.

I'm holding out until the 10.2s.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  6. audiotranceable

audiotranceable New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try using Driversweeper to clean out the drivers than reinstall again.

Windows 7 with ATi drivers should just work after the installer is done IIRC this is only if there is Microsoft ATi driver installed already