1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CM Evo 212 Fan Replacement

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Castiel, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Luckily a couple days ago I was given a new rig, its the Intel one in my system spec list. And the CM Evo 212 fan was broken, it seems that it was smashed in and it wasn't spinning so I replaced it with this fan below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835168006

Is this good enough for a replacement? I say this because I will be doing my first Overclock, just to try to get the CPU to 4.0Ghz.

I have an additional IPC Queen fan just like the one above, that I could put in a Push/Pull setup, but I have to ghetto rig it because it only came with one fan bracket.

Thoughts?

2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    One thing I like about the CM 212 (I have it in my second rig)... is the PWM feature. When not under heavy load, it's virtually silent. The stock 212 fan boasts a CFM rating of 82, the one you list is 80 so it should be good but will run at full blast all the time.

3. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    You should be able to get 4.4 with one fan. 65c to 70c with prime. The stock fan is a high pressure fan but any will work. When I ran mine with a push pull set up it actually did worse

4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    slap on two fans... its better than one high speed fan.

i use two plain fans that came with my case and i still get idle temps at ambient, and max at 15C above ambient. that too in summer..

5. Ed_1

Thanks Received: