1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

COD WaW progress gone

Discussion in 'Games' started by jmcslob, Oct 21, 2009.

1. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    Last night when Activision got hacked I lost all of my progress I was only 3 levels(9 slot 4 into the 10th) from all prestige levels...I have tried to use my backups to restore most of my progress but the game just locks up:banghead: However i still Love the people who hacked Activision and would like to say Good JOB:rockout:

2. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    i can send you a file that will make you a 5 star with all objective complete

jmcslob says thanks.
  3. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear about the problem, but where did you hear this? I just thought the server was down. :wtf:

BTW, have you tried install and uninstalling the game and how are you using your backup to update the game? What OS?

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Everything seems to be in order for me. So you're complaining that you lost your account, yet praise the people responsible for it? Is there a point to this?

5. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    I WAS PLAYING WHEN THE HACK HAPPENED...It crashed WIN7....I had to reinstall the game and RE-activate it...I'm not so much complaining it's all good, be back to 65 in a week but it does kinda suck to loose all that progress but no biggy...
    AND yes I am basically letting those who don't know that Activision got HACKED big time...Did you see the server list...LOL...every server said :BOYCOTTMW2"

6. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    after you re-install the game you can normally keep your progress if you saved it...normally in your DOCUMENTS....I'M using Win7... I contacted ACTIVISION about why my saved progress causes the game to lock up and quit...
    THANK's Reefer but I'll get back up...it's kinda fun being a noob...ONLY thing that bugs me is the KILL STREAK which was 39....it was a really good game..one that i have not repeated in 6 months

7. dir_d

dir_d

Thanks Received:
    look in ur profile if its the same as COD4:MW theres an mpdata file it usually renames the corrupt one to mpdata.corrupt just get rid of the new mpdata and rename the old to mpdata :D

8. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm, I don't backup mine from the documents folders.

main drive -> users -> your user name -> app data -> local -> Activision -> CoDWaW

I always backup players and server cache and restore them to the same location. Both for Vista and W7 RC. Did things change in RTM?

jmcslob says thanks.
  9. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    MY bad....I save to them to the Activision file in my Documents for easier backup, cause your documents always get saved...even after a restore regression
    ODD thing is my favorite server list is still there....

10. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    UHM.... I just Installed everything from a an ISO os backup I did last week and still get nothing...I don't get it...It was a backup of my entire PC OS,games, pics EVERYTHING

11. Anath New Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought WaW used an online system for mp user data verification...

jmcslob says thanks.
  12. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    Ya no that's funny cause right after I switched my Saved games to my old..It took awhile to download something...It did the same thing with the ISO backup...I think ya got something here...
    And it did make me RE submit my activation code....

13. Anath New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea I am pretty sure thats the deal because I know when i uninstalled my game i had to go back through and level back up. Also, you will notice it sincing with the server when you first boot up mp.