• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Combination Connect 3D X800GTO@XT and AsRock Dual-Sata II = Freezes?! What to do?

D

Dynamic

Ostsol,
So anything new with the dudes testings? Did he test higher then 520/520 yet? Is he always keeping the freqs. at 350/350 on desktop now? What about you, you got the same setup right, how is it going there? I don't know what to tell you man, we got couple of people saying it's working just fine for them. They have the same setup, got me spooked? I'm trying your buddies method, i've even tested the freqs. @ 540/560 ran it for 10mins so far on ati tool artifact test, with no errors, temps at 64/43, GPU/GPU ENVIRON. I'm only giving my Zalman 5v so it's hitting 2812 rpm, i can set it to 12v to see how the temps go. I've been running this setup since 3pm and now it's 6:25, do the math, but i can't assure you anything as of yet. This type of shit takes time. Let me know anything comes up and if you can please answer my questions above, thank you.

D

Dynamic

Okay, no freezes so far since 3pm today, so its been 6 hrs, but i did have to turn it off for more modifications. I just installed Aquamark3 and ran my first test with it and got this below! When i got my GTO i never ran Aquamark3, just 3DMark 03 and 05. I have ran Aquamark3 with my 9800xt agp and got 54,000 score, but not sure what the heck is up with this now? It crashes at the same place everytime too. I did run the demo and it finished at the same location but no crashes. It's when the spaceship crashes and you see it blow up like crazy, you know where? I don't care, i've tried different settings, but no go. Has your buddy ran Aquamark3 with his GTO yet? this is so gay, i just uninstalled it, i don't care everything works fine.

http://img493.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamarkcrash6bc.jpg

Ostsol

..it´s really freaky that some users haven´t any problems with this combination, such as Sejanus and on the other hand users have the problem with multiple freezes.....

@Dynamic: have you installed the Aquamark03 Patch for X800 Cards yet? Because without it, Aquamark will crash while you are running it with such a card...

I´ve only flashed my card to 16P at the moment and have changed the ID so that it is deteced as an X800XT from the Catalyst and other Programs like Everest.....(4964P in 3DM05)

...but i´ve the problem, that the mainboard temperature has rised from 30°C up to 41° since i run the pci-e card! (is that absolutely normal?!) I´ve used an 6800 AGP before and there the Bios Temperature Sensor show me only 30°C! Please help me! :rockout:

The other user, who is using the settings (350/350 in 2D!) which I´ve posted above, have had still no further freezes on his system! (but he runs his system only with that settings and has not tested other (higher) settings yet. (his result in 3D Mark05 with 16P and 500/500 is 5964Points...)

He also has tested his sys by playing Fear and BF2 for hours and that also without any freezes!

What about your sys up to now @Dynamic? Are you still running your system without any freezes with the settings you mentioned above? (have you flashed your card with the original16PBios with the 500/500Clockrates and changed ID?)

D

Dynamic

Ostsol,
Yes, i got the hotfix for it, man this was something. I was like dude this Aquamark3 ran fine before on my 9800xt, now what's wrong. You had to replace a .dll file that's it. Yeah, my system hasn't locked/froze since i change the ID/FREQ. It seems to be working now dude. So far so good, 16pp 540/560.....

Venice 3000+ @270x9=2430 1.45v
OCZ DDR400 @221mhz 2225-1T 3.4v
CPU-NB: 600

Aquamark3:
GFX:11,721
CPU:11,819
Score:78,356

3DMark03:12926
3DMark05:6350

Note: About your problem, that hasn't happened to me since i have a nice big 120mm fan on my side window blowing air towards my Ram's, CPU, and Chipset. Your chipset is right above the GTO card and ram modules. Oh, that's probably your power regulators right? Yeah, mine does this same thing since it's putting load on the mother board from all this overclocking. That should be your AUX Power, not your chipset, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ostsol

@Dynamic: so, everything turns into good for you so far, yes?

Is it still running fine with the above posted settings?

Which bios version you are now using?

And what bios adjusts for AGP have you made? (256MB Aperture Size?, 4x?, and so on...)

It´s really funny, that it runs with changed ID and Freqs(500/500) as an XT but not with an original XT Bios....it must be something else in the original C3D Bios that is not included in the XT Bios versions....

To your note: I don´t understand, what you wants to tell me with it, sorry! :cry:

In Bios there is only one temperatur for the Mainboard. And this temperature is the same as the temp that is shown in everest.

It must be the northbridgechipset for me.

But where is the AUX or power regulator you have mentioned?! :eek:

Ostsol

D

Dynamic

Ostsol,
Yeah, it's been working just fine with the settings adjusted. You shouldn't changed any of those settings on the AGP, if you're running a PCI-E it won't do a thing. Those settings are only for AGP cards, and i had them on 128Meg Aperture Size, 8X, and Fast Write on when i was using my 9800xt. Since now i'm on a PCI-E i really don't care and the settings are on 64 or 128 on the Aperture Size, 4x (1x,2x,4x) options are available at this point, and Fast Write off. I did click optimize settings, and didn't touch them since it's only for AGP cards. Well, if you run Sandra Lite 2005 SR3, it would give you three different temp settings. CPU, Chipset, and AUX Power managment (Power regulators on the left side from your CPU). Ever since i've overclocked the power regulaters get hot, but the chipsets stays at good temps, but when i touch the heatsink on the chipset it's warm, hehe. I haven't had any rails fluctuate really bad like going from 5v for the 5v rail to 2v or anything like that. That's how you can tell that the voltage regulators on your board are bad, if you've testing other components like PSU and so on. Not sure if it was just the ID/Freq change on the card that made it work wonders, but i have a feeling it was that bios i got from that site you mentioned and flashed my m/b with somehow. Let me know what's going on and if you can get your GTO working. BTW, send the guy that figured this shit out my regards.

D

Dynamic

Ostsol said:
@Dynamic: so, everything turns into good for you so far, yes?

Is it still running fine with the above posted settings?

Which bios version you are now using?

And what bios adjusts for AGP have you made? (256MB Aperture Size?, 4x?, and so on...)

It´s really funny, that it runs with changed ID and Freqs(500/500) as an XT but not with an original XT Bios....it must be something else in the original C3D Bios that is not included in the XT Bios versions....

To your note: I don´t understand, what you wants to tell me with it, sorry! :cry:

In Bios there is only one temperatur for the Mainboard. And this temperature is the same as the temp that is shown in everest.

It must be the northbridgechipset for me.

But where is the AUX or power regulator you have mentioned?! :eek:

Ostsol

Actually if i don't change the frequencies back to 350/350 when i come out of a game, it would freeze sooner or later. I actually had that happen to me last night, i didn't change it cause i just wanted to see, so i left it at 550/565 and all of the sudden froze, hehe. So you do need to change the frequencies around from 3D to 2D, i wonder how i'm suppose to reformat here soon. hehehehe No, i found a way, of course, peice of cake.

x800se_owner

May be this could be an problem of the volltage regulator on the board.
As far as i know, all GT`s didn`t have that power conector.
So all energy for thex800gt have to be supplied through the pci-e conector, thus from the mainboards vrm circuit.
i don`t know about how mutch amp`s are in spec, but afaik the retail 16p pci-e card have that power conector.
And for shure, Asrock either use low grade capazitors or to few of the good ones.
May be is that the main differenz.
other manufakturers don`t go to close to the limit, Asrock does for the sake of reduced cost.

D

Dynamic

x800se_owner said:
May be this could be an problem of the volltage regulator on the board.
As far as i know, all GT`s didn`t have that power conector.
So all energy for thex800gt have to be supplied through the pci-e conector, thus from the mainboards vrm circuit.
i don`t know about how mutch amp`s are in spec, but afaik the retail 16p pci-e card have that power conector.
And for shure, Asrock either use low grade capazitors or to few of the good ones.
May be is that the main differenz.
other manufakturers don`t go to close to the limit, Asrock does for the sake of reduced cost.

The Connect3D X800 GTO does have the 6Pin PCI-E power connector. I'm feeding it with the power connector that it came with, so that's not the case. The power connector only has two wires instead of all six though, Yellow and Black. Some have problems and others don't, not sure why? So far it's been working good for me with my ATI TOOL's
"3D DETECTION" setup, @16pp. When i'm on the Desktop it's @ 16pp 350/350. When a game starts it's @16pp 550/565. No problems, no freezing, no lockups since i've done these settings. So when the game exists the settings come back automatically to 16pp 350/350. I'm happy.

NineFour

Ok... First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm damn new to this OC-shit, and apart from that, im from sweden, which may be a reason to some incorrect posts. Now, to the problem. I bought the AsRock Dual and a C3D X800GTO. I had no probs unlocking it, and not that big problems Oc'ing it. i made 540/533 with the stock cooler. After that, bought a new cooler, zalman VF700CU. I had some problems with the stabiliy, so i made a thread at a swedish forum. one guy told me bout the problem with this combo. i spoke to another guy, and he gave me some advice. i flashed the card AGAIN using an modified bios, with som X800XT tag ( using RaBIT ). No im having problems getting over 500 memory, they made 533 before. the core is reachin 545 in Atitools, and that's where the freeze comes. i dont get no artifacts, but i get freezes ALL THE TIME. Ive done the 2D/3D-thing, making the card run at different speeds etc.
Im currently using bios 1,40 on the mobo, and ive turned ALL the Other OC's off, in case that would be the problem. Soooo, is there anything i can do, except buying a new mobo... Which btw seems quite nice.

OMG - sorry for that long post.
Cheers / The very Swedish NineFour

Ooklamook

I was having a bad time with this motherboard until I reverted to using 2T MA Timing value. Even though BF2 and CS:S and 3Dmark had no problems with 1T, upon starting Navyfield (a very simple game) the machine would just reboot. Try 2T it if you havent already.

cadkiwi

Hello, Guys!
I have the same problem.
I have the Asrock (this ocwbeta2 Bios) and the connect3d x800 GTO @16PP.
I used the modded original bios and the sapphire x800XT and the powercolor...
If I do not disable the PCIE1 Turbo option then I get freezes under stock frequencies. Disabled I can do anything to the RAM (up to 580MHz no Probs) but if I go over 430 for the core, then I can freeze my system by moving the 3D-Window of ATiTool or the ATi Tray Tool around. Just take it with the mouse, running the artifact scanning. Under 430MHz I can do it endlessly but upwards 430MHz it is just a matter of time until the window freezes.
If I let it go and dont touch the mouse, the Tools find a max Core of about 570MHz.
My Sys is watercooled and I did a voltmod (1,6V) to the VPU, but Freezes are the same, only the max Clock goes up to 610MHz.
Strange is, that with either voltages, 3D MArk only goes up to 480 safely. Upwards it likes to crash... Strange.
I have to try the thing with the 2D/3D switch and the Bios mod (ID an freq).
Something new on this issue?

greets, cadkiwi

kenjin

Processor Intel Core I7 930 @3.8ghz
Motherboard GIgabyte UDR3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory G.Skill PI series 3x2GB
Video Card(s) PowerColor 6950 2GB Mod with 6970Bio + Sapphire 6950 OC edition
Storage 3x Western Digital 150GB Raptor Raid 5
Display(s) Toshiba 32inch wide screen LCD
Case Rosewill Armor Gaming ATX
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound
Power Supply Antec Truepower 700W 80%+
Software Window 7 Pro 64bit
Im getting freezing problem as well, but im using a different mother board . everytime i try to run games or 3dmark05 or aquamark, my PC get froze up . i OC my Vid card up to 450core/560memory . i also try to reset to default speed as 400core/490memory but none helps. i used the bio from wizard page to flash my vidcard to 16 pip. also try to flash it back to default 12 pipline but i still get froze up . can anyone tell me why?
pls help me..

CPU: AMD althon 3500 venice OC at 2.5ghz
Mainboard: Epox 9npa+ NF4 ultra
Vidcard: connect3d x800 gto unlokc to 16pip using the bio from the wizard on this site ( is the connect3d gto bio)
ddr 400 duel channel 2gb

Edit: opps sorry never mind it was my CPU overclock causing the freeze problem everything is fine now after i reset my CPU OC speed.

right now my video card is flashed to 16 pipeline using ATI x800 XT PIC-E bio default speed is 500 core/ 500 memory
and i was able to overclock it to 549 core /560 memory before the PC crashed or getting artifacts. i guess this is the highest i can go

Last edited:

gigat

sorry if this is a dumb ques., but do you guys mean that your computer turns off/on or it just stops so that you have to physically turn your comp. off. I have diff. mobo and my comp. just turns off and back on w/o a reason. I'm thinking that it's my cheap ECS mobo's incompatibility w/ my connect3d x800 gto. I was planning to buy this mobo, but now i'm afraid to buy it since it causes so much problem w/ cnt3d x800 gto. Do you guys recommend another mobo? I'm just wondering if the combination of asrock and connect3d x800 gto definitely causes a problem or is this just a random thing. If you guys don't recommend me getting this board then what mobo should I get for a cheap but pretty decent mobo.

malenurse

First of all here's my specs

Asrock 939 Dual (Bios 1.60) Vcore mod 1.6V
Athlon64 3200+ @2400(240x10)
Connect3d X800GTO@XT 540_540 Stock cooling
Antec Truepower 380w + 300w

Since I've mod the GTO@XT and overclocking GPU over 430 I had freezing problems mostly in 2d and sometimes in 3d. I've tried many things : Reflash bios, changing ID/Freq, Auto 2d/3d... nothing worked. But 3 days ago I was going through some forum and people claming that Asrock don't put enough thermal paste on the northbridge. So I removed the heatsink and in fact it was covering only 1/4 of the surface. So I've cleaned it, put some new paste and put a CPU fan on it.

Since then (3days) I've been able to clock it at GPU 540 Mem 540 Top temp 66 with fan control tuning. Freakin'sweet!!! Maybe I'm just lucky... cuz it's kinda weird that only this video card have this issue. Let me know if it worked for you guys. Good luck!

Last edited:

malenurse

malenurse said:
First of all here's my specs

Asrock 939 Dual (Bios 1.60) Vcore mod 1.6V
Athlon64 3200+ @2400(240x10)
Connect3d X800GTO@XT 540_540 Stock cooling
Antec Truepower 380w + 300w

Since I've mod the GTO@XT and overclocking GPU over 430 I had freezing problems mostly in 2d and sometimes in 3d. I've tried many things : Reflash bios, changing ID/Freq, Auto 2d/3d... nothing worked. But 3 days ago I was going through some forum and people claming that Asrock don't put enough thermal paste on the northbridge. So I removed the heatsink and in fact it was covering only 1/4 of the surface. So I've cleaned it, put some new paste and put a CPU fan on it.

Since then (3days) I've been able to clock it at GPU 540 Mem 540 Top temp 66 with fan control tuning. Freakin'sweet!!! Maybe I'm just lucky... cuz it's kinda weird that only this video card have this issue. Let me know if it worked for you guys. Good luck!

Forget about what I said... happened again. Froze last night and again today. DAMMIT! Getting rid of this board tomorrow. So long Asrock.

D

Dynamic

LOL! You guys still having problems with that board and vcard? Dude i got mine working, but fried my mobo and got an x1900xt, improvement yes....I couldn't even get my processor to overclock to 2.5GHz with that ASRock board. With this DFI board i can run my 3000+ @2.7GHz and memory at 245MHz DDR471 with 3.5v that was never acheived on that Dual939, board was weak. Good for mild overclock or just not good with BH-5 memory or something.....

malenurse

Dynamic said:
LOL! You guys still having problems with that board and vcard? Dude i got mine working, but fried my mobo and got an x1900xt, improvement yes....I couldn't even get my processor to overclock to 2.5GHz with that ASRock board. With this DFI board i can run my 3000+ @2.7GHz and memory at 245MHz DDR471 with 3.5v that was never acheived on that Dual939, board was weak. Good for mild overclock or just not good with BH-5 memory or something.....

Glad for u man... but I'm not here to hear that you can afford expensive stuff and how theses days of Connect3d and Asrock are so far behind you. Think I'll fried my MB and get a DFI with 2 x1900xt in crossfire and say it on every forum I see...

D

Dynamic

Well, did you read everything in this thread? There are couple of things you have to do to get that video card with your motherboard stable. First do not use any bios version other than 1.20 all the rest above are unstable and not good at all. There is a german site with the 04XX bios version for you to download and flash your motherboard with. Also use Rabit to change the ID and frequencies as suggested for your video card. Disable those settings in the bios as mentioned "PCI-E TURBO" and don't know if there is another one or not. Finally use ATI TOOL .24 with the 2D/3D Detection (2d:350/350 and 3d:your stable overclocked settings) and you're good to go, so what's the problem? Another thing if you're still using the factory cooler with your GTO, try setting the fan speed to 70-80% when loading games to cool it better......

malenurse

Dynamic said:
Well, did you read everything in this thread? There are couple of things you have to do to get that video card with your motherboard stable. First do not use any bios version other than 1.20 all the rest above are unstable and not good at all. There is a german site with the 04XX bios version for you to download and flash your motherboard with. Also use Rabit to change the ID and frequencies as suggested. Disable those settings in the bios as mentioned. Finally use ATI TOOL .24 with the 2D/3D Detection (2d:350/350 and 3d:your overclocking settings here) and you're good to go, so what's the problem?

Did all that but I've got the 1.60 bios. About the Rabit thing...this is crap... how can this make it more stable if you're going to change it right away :rolleyes: But Ill go and flash my MB bios to 1.20 right away! Sorry about the rant, I'm just a little jumpy these's days, can't believe I can't make this work.

malenurse

malenurse said:
Did all that but I've got the 1.60 bios. About the Rabit thing...this is crap... how can this make it more stable if you're going to change it right away :rolleyes: But Ill go and flash my MB bios to 1.20 right away! Sorry about the rant, I'm just a little jumpy these's days, can't believe I can't make this work.

Dammit! jus realize that 1.20 bios can only be achieve with a floppy! Don't have a floppy anymore... just died last time I used it! Is the 04XX bios version thing is possible by windows? anyway I'll check that myself. Thanks, I really appeciate some help... didn't thought this thread was still alive.

D

Dynamic

I know what you mean, if you would of saw my reply right after you would of been pissed, cause you really pissed me off dude, LOL. I think i came in with a bad post to begin with though if you really think about it. Anyhow....Get a USB FLASHDRIVE...that's what i use for all my flashing dude....Trust me do what i say and this shit will work...I put my life on it for you...well....
Reason why it's not working is because you are not doing all or other steps thats needed to be applied. Flash your bios to either 1.20 or the 04XX. If the 1.2 doesn't do it then try the 04XX. You really need to use that Rabit man, come on...stop messing around...JUST DO IT.....

Suggestion: The 04XX will only flash in MSDOS, i can only find the bin file and i don't think there is any implementation within that file that can be flashing within windows...So just skip the 1.20 bios and just flash with 04XX and turn off the PCI-E Turbo and whatever else that needs it or is that it...?

http://www.pc-treiber.net/download-file-255.html

Last edited by a moderator: