1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Constant BSOD even on stock default

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Flava0ne, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Flava0ne

Flava0ne

Thanks Received:
    I really don't think that it's a driver issue because I just freshly installed Windows yesterday and I even get that BSOD when trying to run the WEI rating. I also have a spare HDD with Windows installed on it that use specifically for secure erasing my RevoDrive, which I also have everything else installed on it, like BF3, GTAIV, Photoshop, etc. which I used when I had to RMA my old RevoDrive and I just tried to play BF3 on it and got the same BSOD which I never got before when my system was totally stable.

2. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    More than likely it is a hardware issue. CPU is gone. Or it could very well be the MB. The only way to know this for sure is to RMA stuff now.

3. OneMoar

OneMoar There is Always Moar

Thanks Received:
    can you enable/disable cores out of order
    like disable cores 0/1 but leave cores 2 and 3 enabled ect ect ?
    setting the cpu affinity for prime would also do the job

4. Flava0ne

Flava0ne

Thanks Received:
    I just left Prime95 running all night, and no errors were found on any of the cores on my CPU. So I think it could be my motherboard.

5. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    just a thought ,I once had this issue after reseating mobo heatsinks(with bolts instead of plastic clips too) i had essentially bent the mobo a bit and it threw a wobbler ,but not straight away it was 2 weeks later and a week after that before id found the fault

More than 25k PPD
  6. Flava0ne

Flava0ne

Thanks Received:
    UPDATE: First I RMA'ed my CPU, but that didn't fix the problem, so I RMA'ed my motherboard and got the replacement today. Now, everything is working perfectly! :toast:

This time around, I'll make sure to keep my VTT within spec when I start OC'ing my system.