1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Core 2 Duo power supply

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by hsiddall, Apr 19, 2007.

1. hsiddall New Member

Thanks Received:
    Forgive me noob here. IS there a specific powersupply for the core duo cpu or will any atx form power supply work? Im planning a new build and I am looking at cases that have power supplies already included but they all say supply supports p4 cpu....Will they work properly? Thanx for the help again...

2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    As long as you get a decent brand PSU with sufficient power, any ATX power supply should be fine. You should probably get a PSU with a 24 pin main connector if it's going to be a demanding system (I'm not sure which systems use those, don't think it's too important).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  3. techbuzz

techbuzz

Thanks Received:
    The type of CPU doesn't change the type of PSU you purchase. The type of PSU you buy depends on the type of motherboard you buy. Any ATX PSU would work.

The only thing you might want to think about is that you want to make sure you get a powerful enough PSU to support all of your computer components. What are the other components you plan to purchase?

4. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    And you require a 4 pin 12V CPU connector just like any P4.

5. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    could be an 8pin